Disney's Pirates of Caribbean Reboot

marvel44

News Columnist
Reaction score
According to insider Daniel Richtman, studio is in fact going the reboot route, and are currently looking for a female lead, and one name at the top of Disney’s list to lead the reboot is Avengers: Endgame and Jumanji: The Next Level star Karen Gillan. This is something I can also confirm as I’ve heard rumblings of Gillan as early as last fall. As of now, it is unknown if the actress has had any formal talks with the studio, but the studio is definitely interested.

Another tidbit I hear is that the studio is also considering women of color for the role. Character and story details are being kept under wraps. Though fan speculation will go wild now that Gillan’s name has been mentioned, there could be a possibility that the film will look to be centered on Redd, the popular female pirate featured in the Disney Parks attraction and is a meet-and-greet character.

‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Reboot Moving Forward With A Female Lead

Margot Robbie is setting sail with help from her Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson.Hodson has been tapped to write a new, female-fronted Pirates of the Caribbean for Disney, with Robbie attached to star.

While plot details are being kept in Davey Jones’ locker, the project, in early development, is not intended to be a spinoff of the long-running franchise that had pirate Jack Sparrow at its center but rather a wholly original story with new characters under the Pirates moniker, itself inspired by the long-running attraction at Disneyland.

Margot Robbie, Christina Hodson Re-Team for New 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie (Exclusive)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock