Disscussion on Tata Sky's compression algorithm

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 8,836

dino29

Reaction score
guys one more thing is that after intense discussions that i had with tata sky senior team, now algorithm formula for picture has been fixed and u will get best picture in fast scenes too, earlier it used to b cracky and took the fun of watching anything. i got intouch with them and they have fixed the proper algorithm for compression and fec rate. earlier also it was not high compression which was detiorating pic quality but it was the set algorithm which is a complex calculation which was not proper. so enjoy now

[split] New Test Channel - Test Service 14 added

namo narayan said:
guys one more thing is that after intense discussions that i had with tata sky senior team, now algorithm formula for picture has been fixed and u will get best picture in fast scenes too,earlier it used to b cracky and took the fun of watching anything . i got intouch with them and they have fixed the proper algorithm for compression and fec rate. earlier also it was not high compression which was detiorating pic quality but it was the set algorithm which is a complex calculation which was not proper. so enjoy now

so earlier Tatasky didnt have that best picture quality?

Also now Tatasky team learnt that algorithm formula?

RE: New Test Channel - Test Service 14 added

yes mj earlier the formula was inaccurate,they worked for 15 days and solved it.its a complex thing and had to donein night hours many times as well as sometimes in day which is why there were some disturbences in picture in tata sky recently bcoz settings were being tested. tata sky never applied more compression , only due to wrong algorithm applied , pic was hazy

okay.. hope they dont mess up that ..

anyway.. since last few days there have been lot of changes happening in most of the channels regarding some PMT changes and PIDs etc.. they are really staying awake even in day time

according to wikipedia, an algorithm means:---
"In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm (Listeni/ˈælɡərɪðəm/) is an effective method expressed as a finite list of well-defined instructions for calculating a function. Algorithms are used for calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning. In simple words an algorithm is a step-by-step procedure for calculations."

So brother, can you say how you improved and applied this to TS picture and sound ?

well dear quickboy it was a long process which one person from tata sky uplinking centre told me, i did not do anything . he talked that work is on and that they r tweaking settings for getting the right algorithm formula for compression rate as well as certain major settings had to b done to adjust FEC settings

dino you are a official tata sky na???:huh tell truth please.coz no one can tell these if he is not official.

namo narayan said:
it was a long process which one person from tata sky uplinking centre told me, i did not do anything .

Well , I was actually a little confused because of this,

"guys one more thing is that after intense discussions that i had with tata sky senior team, now algorithm formula for picture has been fixed"

I thought you talked to TS senior team and fixed something, SORRY

no dear admin i m just a REGULAR CUSTOMER knowing tech things and i try to reach to highest authority to get it resolved so that all get good viewing experience

quickboy dear no issues, i hope ur doubt is cleared now, no need to say sorry dear, u did not say anything bad, it was just that u were confused in understanding my statement and it can happen with anyone

Algorithm a must for data compression tech....
The more accurate algorithm means less data loss and hence better quality..... :c

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock