Discussion Do you guys think Tata Play is not adding new HD channels to make us buy the Binge box?

Do you think Binge Box is holding launch of HD channels on Tata Play?

• Total voters

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I was wondering why Sports 18 1HD and Sony Ten 4 HD are still not added. Nowadays DTH players are losing their market share to broadband. One can easily pay ₹399 and stream anything they want off internet. It makes sense for premium DTH player like Tata Play to add channels as fast as possible specially HD ones as it's considered premium. To my shocker. It has been a year since launch of some channels. Yet, Tata Play is just sitting on it. I expect this from some small time DTH player. Not Tata Play who has highest count of HD channels which they achieved before Internet era.

I was thinking about writing about it to Tata Play. Than I thought this will most likely fall into deaf ears. Why bother wasting time? When I could easily buy "Binge Pack" worth ₹299 from Tata Play and stream channels like Sports 18 1 HD via Voot and Sony Ten 4 HD via Sony Liv and stream it on my Binge Box.

I was wondering why Sports 18 1HD and Sony Ten 4 HD are still not added. Nowadays DTH players are losing their market share to broadband. One can easily pay ₹399 and stream anything they want off internet. It makes sense for premium DTH player like Tata Play to add channels as fast as possible specially HD ones as it's considered premium. To my shocker. It has been a year since launch of some channels. Yet, Tata Play is just sitting on it. I expect this from some small time DTH player. Not Tata Play who has highest count of HD channels which they achieved before Internet era.

I was thinking about writing about it to Tata Play. Than I thought this will most likely fall into deaf ears. Why bother wasting time? When I could easily buy "Binge Pack" worth ₹299 from Tata Play and stream channels like Sports 18 1 HD via Voot and Sony Ten 4 HD via Sony Liv and stream it on my Binge Box.
I think after activating Gsat 24 Satellite Tata Play will Surely add all Pending SD & HD Channels!!!

I think after activating Gsat 24 Satellite Tata Play will Surely add all Pending SD & HD Channels!!!
But they have space for service channels? Every other month. One or another new service channels is launched. They have space for that. It is just excuses. If they had any intention of adding. They would've added it by now.

Last edited:
If we wish to watch OTT we have lot's of option like mobile apps , smart tv, firestick etc. no need to buy binge box they know that i think in behind different reason Work here may be incentive issue , or tata play himeslf not interested to add channels like & explor HD

Wait buddies.Lot of Changes will happen in Tataplay after the activation of Gsat 24 in September

Binge plus box or firestick is different mode of business here Tataplay or airtel whoever it is they need customer to stay with them even customer wishes to watch OTT... Tataplay need statillate channels also... Because if they want more customers to opt for binge plus box... Because everybody need to watch OTT.. They will sink first.... There are some quality options available like firestick or Google tv etc.,
And even customers paying NCF here... If they don't wish to watch channels why would they pay NCF...

There are some other issues gsat 24, Rio.. etc.,

Binge+ is a half baked box..it can never be equal to firestick or Google stick and if their intention is move to OTT they won't succeed because who will pay ₹153 as base price? Besides binge+ is really slow , laggy..2GB rom is showoff or the box itself is not optimized

Few days later broadcaster are increasing channel price especially sony ..after that I think many will move to pure OTT apps , there is further decline of satellite channels..just for example who will pay ₹30 for one channel sony tv channel 🤣🙏 even sony liv yearly subscription will cost less

i hve recently taken the 299 binge subscription
to my wonder i see though one can avail all the contents of disney hotstar the same cant be said about sonyliv and only voot kids in the platform
whenever one want to watch any content he is moved from binge to hotstar platform where he can watch all contents of hotstar but the same is not so in case of sonyliv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock