Discussion Do you think DTH a Digital Cable is losing the competition to OTT platforms ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
Hi,
Background : My Digital Cable set top box went bad so I called my LCO. After a week or so he called me & told me that it is not possible to repair the STB & that I will have to exchange it for a new one. I declined his offer. Since then I am using my Desktop which I have connected to my LED TV to stream everything.

Now if I count how many hours I watch TV channels in comparison to Youtube I find that I am watching Youtube most of the time & frankly I find regular TV channels very boring. I haven't yet purchased any OTT services but when comaparing Youtube Vs TV channels, Youtube is the clear winner.

So for future I want to ask your opinion. Should I purchase just OTT or both OTT and DTH ?
I know its a personal choice & depends on the individual but still the opinion of my friends here matter to me.

I say watch youtube, buy ott subscription and get a new dth connection. Also get a cable box as a backup device when internet is down and clouds shows up. You can watch cable then.

If you have a reliable broadband connection then just stick with OTT content, probably get a firestick and just pay for the OTT subscriptions and you can enjoy both on demand as well as live channels included in your subscription. But all this is provided you have a plan comparable to the Jio fiber 399 plan where you get good enough speed and bundled data.

If you have a reliable broadband connection then just stick with OTT content, probably get a firestick and just pay for the OTT subscriptions and you can enjoy both on demand as well as live channels included in your subscription. But all this is provided you have a plan comparable to the Jio fiber 399 plan where you get good enough speed and bundled data.

Yes I agree to this. Now with Jio TV with Live TV at its disposal all major channels covered. By looking at it only OTT subscription enough provided you select the optimum broadband plans and have interest in the content along with Android TV or firestick . I wanted JIO to have its live TV on web also to stream it on SMART TV's..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock