Does the HD DVR Box support 60Hz output?

sridiculous

Reaction score
Can someone that's using this box confirm if the box supports 60Hz output? I have a TV that's only NTSC and so requires 60Hz signal. The existing box I have, a relic from 2010 (HDPVR as they call it), doesn't have it. I am looking to swap with this box and wanted to ensure that this HD DVR box that's available now does support 60Hz output. If possible, a screenshot is greatly appreciated as well please.

It doesn't have in-depth resolution settins like new HD boxes.

Screenshot below as requested:

3UncDzF.jpg

Yes Tata Sky HD DVR box supports both 50 Hz and 60 Hz reolution, confirmed by cc.

But there is no option under resolution to select 50Hz or 60Hz, is that automatic ???
Executives also don't have much info about that. But 60 Hz is supprted for sure, I confirmed that by Live Chat and also Twitter.
I think 1080i is for 60 Hz, it's mentioned on HD box and also on some other websites.
You have that box can you check frequency in your TV settings?

GPxUaHh.jpg

Last edited:
I did schedule for a swap of the box and the very very helpful and patient service engineer did bring in a new HD+ box and we connected it to my TV and the result was the same. We did change the resolution all the way but to no avail. Surprisingly, when we set the input to 1080p in the STB, my converter (Atlona AT-LINE-EX Home Theater Media Center with HDMI Output) stopped converting the signal to 60Hz and so even with the converter and the STB set to 1080p, there was no picture, just sound. When I change the resolution to 1080i on the STB, with my converter, I do get the picture and without the converter, any resolution on the STB outputs only sound and no picture what so ever.

I did schedule for a swap of the box and the very very helpful and patient service engineer did bring in a new HD+ box and we connected it to my TV and the result was the same. We did change the resolution all the way but to no avail. Surprisingly, when we set the input to 1080p in the STB, my converter (Atlona AT-LINE-EX Home Theater Media Center with HDMI Output) stopped converting the signal to 60Hz and so even with the converter and the STB set to 1080p, there was no picture, just sound. When I change the resolution to 1080i on the STB, with my converter, I do get the picture and without the converter, any resolution on the STB outputs only sound and no picture what so ever.

See the above post by Bapun Raz where the screenshot is provided, there is no option to change the frequency, only the resolution. Unless there is a specific model for the box that supports it, I don't see a way out.

See the above post by Bapun Raz where the screenshot is provided, there is no option to change the frequency, only the resolution. Unless there is a specific model for the box that supports it, I don't see a way out.
And, there are no different STB by different manufacters for Tata Sky DVR. All are made by Pace from the beginning who also develops the Sky UK HD/4K DVRs.

All you can do is now only stay with current STB or change your TV. If some day they launch a new HD PVR with 60Hz support then you can consider upgrading.

And, there are no different STB by different manufacters for Tata Sky DVR. All are made by Pace from the beginning who also develops the Sky UK HD/4K DVRs.

All you can do is now only stay with current STB or change your TV. If some day they launch a new HD PVR with 60Hz support then you can consider upgrading.
My current box is the HD PVR that I got in 2011 and even that doesn't support 60Hz, I was using a converter until now and now that converter is about to die (Symptoms noticed) and so this question now, in the context of, why invest on a converter rather than getting a different box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock