Sad News Dolby Audio Issue

gowrishankar

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Friends, hope you all have a great day.I was having airtel Xstreme STB since it got dolby audio issues i switched to Tatasky Binge STB 3 months back. Everything was fine and dolby audio issues wasn't found. After the recent update,In sound settings Manual audio option had been removed only Auto option is available. Since then i am not getting dolby audio on channels and on all apps.. really frustrated.. believing Tatasky i have already recharged for one yr annual pack.

Complain to Tata sky CC via email and chat and even mail nodal officer so that they understand this issue and work on it

Technician visited today,he has no knowledge about binge ,he is asking to swap the stb . Really pathetic experience

This is one issue with customer service....they never accept or understand that the issue is at their end....for every complaint they ask to unplug - replug cables and then send technician. Upto 3 or 4 years back there used to be knowledgeable staff who used to go out of their way to ensure the issue is resolved but now it seems they are randomly hiring anyone who don't even bother to understand what the actual issue is.

This is one issue with customer service....they never accept or understand that the issue is at their end....for every complaint they ask to unplug - replug cables and then send technician. Upto 3 or 4 years back there used to be knowledgeable staff who used to go out of their way to ensure the issue is resolved but now it seems they are randomly hiring anyone who don't even bother to understand what the actual issue is.

I agree with you. Because even when the D2H technician came to my place to install the d2hStream box I faced the same problem. I had to do some R&D on the setup box settings and teach him.

So it's common across all the DTH operators. :(

At least all of them are in common in this case. ;);)

I agree with you. Because even when the D2H technician came to my place to install the d2hStream box I faced the same problem. I had to do some R&D on the setup box settings and teach him.

So it's common across all the DTH operators. :(

At least all of them are in common in this case. ;);)
Absolutely..they are not aware this new android boxes.

Hi GowriShankar,

I have recently installed Tata Sky Binge + box in my home and connecting my home theatre from Binge+ box via Optical port for Audio. I am getting 5.1 Audio for HD Channels. But not getting 5.1 for Binge+ apps (ex: Amazon Prime, Sun Next, Hot Start, Zee5..etc). I was chasing with customer care and technician, technician visited and told me that as per the agreement between binge+ apps and Tata sky, set of box will support only 2.1 for apps. But I called Amazon Prime customer care and they told me that, that technician's statement is false. Thus, Again I raised the complaint in Tata Sky to get this agreement level info from Management, waiting for the call. I will let you know once I got the info.

Note:
You should get 5.1 for channels. Actually, All HD Channels are not 5.1, few HD channels only supports 5.1. For example, if you take the Tamil Channels Sun Music HD, Sun TV HD, Zee Tamil HD, Colors TV HD Star Vijay Tamil HD, and KT HD. But out of these channels, Sun Music HD and Sun TV HD only is giving real 5.1 audio. Morever, some time if old/middle songs playing in Sun Music HD also not 5.1. But most of the TV Serials in Sun TV also giving 5.1 audio. In this case, if you want to check your 5.1 audio with your home theatre, you can use Sun TV HD channel to check your Audio.

After playing channels some time 5.1 audio works after you changed the sound settings as below.
Step: You need to go to Sound Settings in your Binge+ box and change the mode as "None : Never use surround..etc" after then select "Auto option" Then only your set of box is refreshing and giving 5.1 audio (not always giving).

Hi GowriShankar,

I have recently installed Tata Sky Binge + box in my home and connecting my home theatre from Binge+ box via Optical port for Audio. I am getting 5.1 Audio for HD Channels. But not getting 5.1 for Binge+ apps (ex: Amazon Prime, Sun Next, Hot Start, Zee5..etc). I was chasing with customer care and technician, technician visited and told me that as per the agreement between binge+ apps and Tata sky, set of box will support only 2.1 for apps. But I called Amazon Prime customer care and they told me that, that technician's statement is false. Thus, Again I raised the complaint in Tata Sky to get this agreement level info from Management, waiting for the call. I will let you know once I got the info.

Note:
You should get 5.1 for channels. Actually, All HD Channels are not 5.1, few HD channels only supports 5.1. For example, if you take the Tamil Channels Sun Music HD, Sun TV HD, Zee Tamil HD, Colors TV HD Star Vijay Tamil HD, and KT HD. But out of these channels, Sun Music HD and Sun TV HD only is giving real 5.1 audio. Morever, some time if old/middle songs playing in Sun Music HD also not 5.1. But most of the TV Serials in Sun TV also giving 5.1 audio. In this case, if you want to check your 5.1 audio with your home theatre, you can use Sun TV HD channel to check your Audio.

After playing channels some time 5.1 audio works after you changed the sound settings as below.
Step: You need to go to Sound Settings in your Binge+ box and change the mode as "None : Never use surround..etc" after then select "Auto option" Then only your set of box is refreshing and giving 5.1 audio (not always giving).
Will try this brother..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock