Dolby Digital Audio Problem in Airtel Digital TV - Help me

raghukishoreb

Reaction score
When I put Airtel HD STB Audio format in Stereo mode , it is working , no problem at all .

But when I select either Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus audio, then there is no sound output in HD channels but in SD channels , audio is working but cannot control stb volume through airtel remote , only volume control can be done through TV/Home theater remote .

Pls help me .

Edit :

STB->HDMI Cable -> TV

HT to TV connected through auxiliary cable

Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
This is not a problem. This is how Dolby Audio works.

On HD Dolby Enabled Channels You cant control the volume with STB Remote.

You need use HT remote or Universal Remote (TV Remote Paired with HT Remote)

Regarding no Audio on HD Channels, which cables are you using HDMI or Optical??

Optical Cable won't support DD+ Audio

To enjoy true DD+ Audio your TV must Support HDMI ARC Facility.

For your second question, You cannot control the volume through Airtel remote, when the Audio output is set to Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus.

Can you post your audio setup to answer the 1st question as to why the audio isn't coming when you select DD or DD+?

STB->HDMI Cable -> TV

HT to TV connected through auxiliary cable
Aux Cable won't support DD/DD+. This is why you are not getting audio on HD channels with DD/DD+. You either need to use Optical/HDMI cable from TV <-> HT or use only TV if your TV supports DD/DD+ or select Stereo as the audio output mode.

use only TV if your TV supports DD/DD+ or select Stereo as the audio output mode.
If our TV supports DD audio then can we control the volume through airtel remote by pairing it with the TV remote?

I had the same problem with my old hd ready samsung tv but now the new LG 4K tv does not have it. Lg plays everything fine

If our TV supports DD audio then can we control the volume through airtel remote by pairing it with the TV remote?
If you pair, it doesn't really matter. You can control the volume. We are talking about the STB volume when we say it doesn't work with DD/DD+ output.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock