Dolby Digital in D2h

Sateesh_Hyd

Reaction score
Hi...

I bought Philips HTD 5580/94 and the sound is awesome on D2h but I don't know the reason when we convert the audio to Dolby digital the volume level is going down....

Please suggest.....!

We have the same dude...the home theater which I said will supports every thing

Hmm...its fixed by Philips authorised technician...he is asking to check with d2h team

Low volume on Dolby Digital is common for SD channels. But the volume should be good on HD channels. If you have the issue in HD channels as well, you need to check the setup.

Same issue with HD channels also....tell me whether i need to approach d2h team or Philips team

Please tell how much is the difference between stereo and Dolby setting. Even with Digital co-ax cable connected to HT, SD channels provide stereo sound and HD cahnnels only provide DD sound. I see slight difference b/w this. I have to increase the vol level in HTR by about 3 to 4 levels on DD channels. (I have 2222 STB and Onkyo HTR)

If the volume in normal mode is 30. We need to make it 45 to get the same volume in Dolby digital

Try one thing. Go to an HD channel and change the audio from HD to stereo and see how much is the difference. (Info-yellow button). If you have done this and seeing the same issue- I think it is problem with your receiver most probably.

Or if you are talking about the different connections RCA cable v/s Digital Coax then it is a different issue and that is bit normal. I just use the digital co-ax cable for audio and HDMI to TV for video. If you are passing audio via TV, please note that 99% of the TVs do not pass through 5.1 audio via TV due to licensing issue. (STB to TV via HDMI, TV to HTR via digital cable - Optical or co-ax)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock