Dolby Digital sound in tatasky

sujithkumar91

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! i wanted to does tatasky transmit dolby digital 5.1 surround sound through HDMI cable or do we need to have optical cable for getting 5.1? Can anyone please help me out in this.

sujithkumar91 said:
Hello everyone!! i wanted to does tatasky transmit dolby digital 5.1 surround sound through HDMI cable or do we need to have optical cable for getting 5.1? Can anyone please help me out in this.

DD sound is transmitted with HDMI cable and S/Pdif cables only

98shubhamk said:
DD sound is transmitted with HDMI cable and S/Pdif cables only

currently am using Airtel dth and its transmitting 5.1 sound only through optical cable and not through HDMI. Can tatasky transmit surround sound with HDMI cable alone?

arulkanagarajs said:
No bro it will be done with optical cable from tata sky setup box

Optical in the sense that white and red wire:huh

sujithkumar91 said:
currently am using Airtel dth and its transmitting 5.1 sound only through optical cable and not through HDMI. Can tatasky transmit surround sound with HDMI cable alone?

YES. Go for it. :tup

Btw, Airtel also provides DD / DD+ thru HDMI. You need to enable it in the settings. DD+ can only be output thru HDMI.

98shubhamk said:
Optical in the sense that white and red wire:huh

He is referring to optical fibre cable thru optical out spdif port.

arulkanagarajs said:
No bro it will be done with optical cable from tata sky setup box

TS provides DD 5.1 thru HDMI also. In fact DD+ audio is provided only thru HDMI not optical port.

sujithkumar91 said:

Hi, i did a quite a bit of research to find out if i get 5.1 DD surround sound from the Tatasky HD STB. it is completely possible using the HDMI and it is the easiest solution. Please see the following post
Link Removed

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock