Dolby Digital Surround Sound issue on Star World Premiere

ayanc99

Contributor
Reaction score
I am using SPDIF cable from my set top box to Sony Home Theatre system. However, I am not getting Dolby Digital Surround Sound on Star World Premiere HD channel.

Can anyone please help with this issue?

I am getting proper Dolby Surround Sound and I am also using SPDIF only

Sadiq said:
I am getting proper Dolby Surround Sound and I am also using SPDIF only

Could you please pm me as to how and what you are using?

Are all of u guys getting DD sound ,check for me please ,I get DD sound for all HD except the said 2 channels, my AVR shows PCM sound!

ayanc99 said:
Could you please pm me as to how and what you are using?

smileguy said:
Are all of u guys getting DD sound ,check for me please ,I get DD sound for all HD except the said 2 channels, my AVR shows PCM sound!

I am getting 5.1 sound, but don't know if it is Dolby or PCM since I don't have a Digital Home Theater showing the input type.

But I am using a decoder which I bought from eBay last year and connecting the output to my analog 5.1 home theater. Refer the details in my old thread below.

Sadiq said:
This product is available in eBay India. Is this worth to buy and safe to buy from eBay? Please refer the product at AUDIO GEAR 5.1 OPTICAL, COAXIAL, STEREO TO 5.1 ANALOG CONVERTER,DECODER,XBOX,DTS | eBay

Sadiq said:
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360594038791

I bought the above device. I connected my Videocon HD set top box's coaxial audio output to this decoder and the output of this device is connected to 5.1 input of my F&D home theater. I am getting the 5.1 sound. I tested it with MTunes HD.

But...

The volume level is not the maximum when comparing the connection through stereo input of my home theater connected with stereo output of my HD set top box. Also the sub woofer's bass is very less.

My home theater can convert the stereo to 5.1 using it's inbuilt prologic function (but it is fake). But that seems to be better bass than the decoded one.. I think I wasted my money.

Or someone could help me to improve the quality of the output? Is it because of the quality of coaxial cable I am using??

Please help.. :( :( :(

This issue just cropped up, about 2 days ago just for the above channels,ok I will get back today and check again,thanks for update.For other HD channels the HTS reads DD but for these 2 channels it reads PCM,my guess is, its Suntv's audio feed problem.

smileguy said:
This issue just cropped up, about 2 days ago just for the above channels,ok I will get back today and check again,thanks for update.For other HD channels the HTS reads DD but for these 2 channels it reads PCM,my guess is, its Suntv's audio feed problem.

Could be Sun TV's issue. Till date we are not getting proper audio on any Sun Network HD channels. But D2H STB is showing it as Dolby only. Check and let us know.

I'm frustrated to the core with Gemini HD audio. Pathetic from Sun network.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock