Dolby Sound Issue while passing STB to HT

Scenario 1: Connection Type: STB->HT (HDMI) Then HT->TV (HDMI).

When I Switch the channels with dolby audio to Non dolby audio channels , The audio disappears and HT hangs no buttons working on HT remote, need to Power down and Power Up all devices again (TV, STB, HT). I tried changing HDMI Cables as well Still no use,.

Scenario 2: Connection Type: STB->TV (HDMI) Then TV->HT (Optical).

In this everything works fine and now Dolby audio from STB passing to HT from TV through Optical, But I am facing one more issue, which is audio delay only for Dolby Channels, issue like First picture is coming then Audio (In TV SPDIF OUT Set to AUTO as only have two options for my TV Auto and PCM ). I also changed Optical cable.
The connection type in Scenario 1 is ideal for your setup i.e. STB->HT (HDMI) Then HT->TV (HDMI). It's difficult to resolve the issue in Scenario 2, as the delay could be because of the data transfer speed issue from STB -> TV -> HT. You wouldn't face this issue if you had ARC port on your TV. Since you don't have that, you might have to stick to the connection type in Scenario 1.

Now, coming to the issue with Scenario 1, Can you please confirm the Sound Field settings on IV 300? Also, confirm if you tried any other device with the same connection type, apart from your STB, if yes, does it work fine for the stereo content?

Now, coming to the issue with Scenario 1, Can you please confirm the Sound Field settings on IV 300? Also, confirm if you tried any other device with the same connection type, apart from your STB, if yes, does it work fine for the stereo content?
Sound Field : Off (Off,Dolby Pro Logic,DTS Neo 6 Cinema,Music,Stereo) Expect stereo tried all modes as I need 5.1 still issue exists.
Other Devices : I have connected Bluray Player with HDMI No issues with these because entire video file contains only one audio format either Dolby, DTS, Stereo.
Stereo : It works fine when I enabled stereo in STB as no matter what channel I change I will only get stereo content .

Please understand my reply Bro. As Siva Bro also said the same. See your post#6. You said ARC is not must. You expend a amount of 30k and upgrade a HT. Why they put a option as ARC? It's a must one and it only , feel the real sound. Otherwise it's not a meaningful of the upgradation. And your TV is samsung one. Instead it's Sony Bravia , you don't to worry. Your Sony HT syncs automatically. And final one , your HT have a mode as clear audio. plz try that , Bro 👍

Sound Field : Off (Off,Dolby Pro Logic,DTS Neo 6 Cinema,Music,Stereo) Expect stereo tried all modes as I need 5.1 still issue exists.
Other Devices : I have connected Bluray Player with HDMI No issues with these because entire video file contains only one audio format either Dolby, DTS, Stereo.
Stereo : It works fine when I enabled stereo in STB as no matter what channel I change I will only get stereo content .
Turn Sound Field "On" and select the mode as "Clear Audio+". If it works with a "Stereo" audio format with other devices, it should work with the STB also, when even when you select "Dolby Digital" on the STB. Let us know what you find, after trying the Sound Field.

Bro buy arc enabled tv it will solve ur issue completely.....ht iv 300 have software issue with some dth company boxes (tata sky .d2h Dish tv..etc) no arc then switch to sundirect hd or airtel

Turn Sound Field "On" and select the mode as "Clear Audio+". If it works with a "Stereo" audio format with other devices, it should work with the STB also, when even when you select "Dolby Digital" on the STB. Let us know what you find, after trying the Sound Field.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I already tried this Still issue exists, selecting all the given modes like clear+,music,football nothing works at hall, AVR hangs when channel is switched . Even Stereo Sound Field in AVR also not works, AVR works only when Stereo selected in STB

Why they put a option as ARC? It's a must one and it only , feel the real sound
No Bro , ARC is just an additional feature added to HDMI Port to passthough sound, It doe not mean we should connect only ARC enabled TV. My friend HT is YAMAHA which has ARC enabled HDMI out and TV is NON ARC his STB is Sun Direct Works fine for him.

ARC To be simple:
your HT has 2 HDMI in and connected with STB and PS4 and now you want to connect Amazon Firestick you can connect it with directly to HDMI In port of HT but since both HDMI ports were full and if your TV and HT is ARC enabled then you can connect it to TV and Passthough sound to HT.
This is the main reason all the latest HT's will have at least 4 HDMI In

Like I said earlier post even if you contact any HT/TV company 's and said you are having sound delays or glitches such things through ARC . They always say's connect your source device directly to HT as there may be data loss through ARC .

Bro buy arc enabled tv it will solve ur issue completely.....ht iv 300 have software issue with some dth company boxes (tata sky .d2h Dish tv..etc)
This what I suspected , but wanted to confirm if anyone resolved this issue.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I already tried this Still issue exists, selecting all the given modes like clear+,music,football nothing works at hall, AVR hangs when channel is switched . Even Stereo Sound Field in AVR also not works, AVR works only when Stereo selected in STB
Then it's an STB issue. Airtel HD STB doesn't have such issues. You might have to change the service provider.

Then it's an STB issue. Airtel HD STB doesn't have such issues. You might have to change the service provider.
I thinking that issue is with HT because I have seen many people complained on IV 300 regarding this compatibility with few STB's like @Lalu zn said any way thanks for your suggestions

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock