Doordarshan Freedish to hold e-auction; looks to tot 112 TV channels

Shadow said:
DD sources also said that while Freedish may be encrypted to keep a tab on the number of subscribers, it would remain free-to-air.

who will use dd boxes? :rofl... do they even realise that they will have to start providing service for the boxes if not working...once they encrypt channels..
now its easy for dd.. just provide antenna and box. if anything goes wrong customer will manage, but once they start encrypting, it becomes a whole new story..

I agree with you today's FD is much more easy and simple, FD is getting total relaxation from subscribers end. but They said they will decrypt channels for free to their subscribers.And as far as stb is concerned it will be manufacturers responsibility if any defect appears.

Sarkar said:
Ok got your logic but how would you estimate your user base to set up a reserve price ?:huh

Without knowing your subscriber base broadcaster will not bid aggressively to get their chs on your platform. That means lower income which will imply endless Govt subsidy for operation. :s

I dont know :(..
maybe keep a tab on number of boxes sold or something..but there are some people who use ddfd with their inactive dish tv connection.. these users will be most hit by dd forcing them to use their boxes...
ddfd is mostly considered as a one time investment and then forget about it....

no info about MPEG4 slot auction
but only 6 channels contract expire on 15th aug
big magic
star utsav
zee anmol
rishtey
b4u music &
sree news
all other channels contract till 30th sep
so only 1 or 2 new channels from 16th aug
for more wait for 1st october
(dont know how many slots given on pro rata basis & they going to auction those slots or not)
whising all old channels(not shree news) retain there slots.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock