Breaking Doordarshan is No 1 English news channel, claims Prasar Bharati

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
The public broadcaster has sourced the data to Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC). Prasar Bharati claimed in the Lok Sabha that on an all-India basis (WK-8 to WK-11), DD News garnered the leadership position in the English news genre with 31 GVL (NCCS 22+AB Male). Republic TV was at the second position with 8 GVL and CNBC TV18 on the third spot with 7 GVL, it claimed. In the Hindi genre (NCCS 15+), DD News stands at the 12th position with 128 GVL.

Doordarshan is No 1 English news channel, claims Prasar Bharati

Lier of the year!!!!
DD News gains last position among News category, according to BARC Reports.

Kehne mein kya harz hai? :p

What's harm in saying? At least they are feeling happy. :love:

What i like about DD News is that people don't shout in their studios, in all other private chs lots of people participate in discussion TV screen full of people with small boxes and then everyone starts shouting whenever someone contradicts his views and when things go out of hand the anchor shouts even louder

Are they out of their mind ?:wall:
They have put Abp news to #2 while
from (week8-11) except from week 9 it was not even in top 4
and secondly in the English genre they have included Living India news :biggrin:which is a Hindi news channel focused on North Indian states (Punjab H H J&k) and partially airs Punjabi news .

So whom does it i believe Prasar Bharati or Barc India ?
:lol:

Last edited:
It might be possible as BARC might not be considering DD News as English news channel while displaying the ratings.

Btw PB has claimed this last year also.

May be most of people in forum won't watch this channel but guys I must say many people do. See whenever I visited any family members who officer, JCO or any other higher post they watch DD NEWS.
If anyone of you have given any compatative exam you might know the value of DD NEWS as current affairs, current GK, etc came from news of DD NEWS.
These news are decent news which shows only useful news. Not like others *Maut ka bathtub* the news program of AAJ TAK, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock