Doordarshan to air tribute to Mukesh in ‘Sapne Surile Sapne’

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
When he passed away suddenly on 27 August, 1976, one of last century’s foremost filmmakers Raj Kapoor had lamented, “I have lost my voice.”

This was because a majority of songs rendered on screen by Kapoor had playback by Mukesh.  

To pay tributes to this legend who was born on 22 July, 1923, Doordarshan will telecast a nine-part series called Sapne Surile Sapne from 21 July primarily featuring a musical programme held earlier this month to honour this Delhi-born singer.

The programme was organized by the Delhi Kendra of Doordarshan in association with the Directorate of Film Festivals on 5 July. The show will be telecast on DD National at 8 am and 4 pm, except on Saturdays and Sundays. It is also scheduled to telecast on DD Bharati at 10 pm the same day.

The programme was attended by Prasar Bharati chairman A Surya Prakash,   Information & Broadcasting secretary Bimal Julka, Law Commission chairman Justice A.P. Shah, the singer’s son Nitin Mukesh, playback singer Manhar Udhas and other notable guests. 

Nitin Mukesh and Manhar Udhas rendered some selected songs of Mukesh on the stage, thoroughly enthralling the audience. 

http://www.indiantelevision.com/movies/hindi/doordarshan-to-air-tribute-to-mukesh-in-sapne-surile-sapne-150715

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock