Doordarshan to telecast programmes inEurope, Middle East; broadcast TV oncellphones

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,255

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Doordarshan to telecast programmes in
Europe, Middle East; broadcast TV on
cellphones

NEW DELHI: Doordarshan might be in the limelight for its controversial decision to telecast live RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's Vijaya Dashami address, but life for the national
broadcaster is only set to become more exciting with the Narendra Modi government's increasing emphasis on state run media.

For starters, the broadcaster's 30-year-old dream of going global may finally come true in January next year when it will be beamed free of cost to 120 million homes East, say I&B ministry officials.

After the Maharashtra polls,
I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar will hold the first inter-ministerial meeting of secretaries of ministries of external affairs, information and
broadcasting, tourism, culture, and home affairs to finalise the content to be delivered to these countries.

Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar told ETthat the meeting is likely to set a deadline and chalk out a consultative group for the project.

"We need to finalise right content to project a new, dynamic India," he said.

Pact with German Broadcaster
The new aspirations of India have to be portrayed in a manner that European and Middle Eastern audiences would appreciate and
understand.

Expert advice of ambassadors who
have worked in these countries would be useful, as would be those of TV professionals who have foreign experience," he said.

DD has also revived a project of digitisation of archaic terrestrial transmitters, and if things go as planned, viewers in 10 cities across the country would be able to watch the 20 channels of DD and private channels streamed
by Prasar Bharati on mobile smartphones,tablets or laptops for free in a few months.

I&B officials said the plan to go international acquired a fresh life after Prasar Bharti signed an agreement with German public service broadcaster Deutsche Welle to distribute DD's
international channel abroad, and things have been moving at a fast pace ever since.

read more at : http://m.economictimes.com/industry/media/entertainment/media/doordarshan-to-telecast-programmes-in-europe-middle-east-broadcast-tv-on-cellphones/articleshow/44440746.cms

RE: Doordarshan to telecast programmes in
cellph

Posting wrong sections admin must take action with Davinder

Re: Doordarshan to telecast programmes in

pid=1126307704#pid1126307704
Dileep kumar said:
Posting wrong sections admin must take action with Davinder3D
same comments two post means post increasing your matters http://dreamdth.com/Thread-News-Doordarshan-to-go-global?

Doordarshan to telecast programmes in Europe, Middle East; broadcast TV on cellphones

NEW DELHI: Doordarshan might be in the limelight for its controversial decision to telecast live RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's Vijaya Dashami address, but life for the national broadcaster is only set to become more exciting with the Narendra Modi government's increasing emphasis on state run media.

For starters, the broadcaster's 30-year-old dream of going global may finally come true in January next year when it will be beamed free of cost to 120 million homes East, say I&B ministry officials. After the Maharashtra polls, I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar will hold the first inter-ministerial meeting of secretaries of ministries of external affairs, information and broadcasting, tourism, culture, and home affairs to finalise the content to be delivered to these countries.

Read more at:
Doordarshan to telecast programmes in Europe, Middle East; broadcast TV on cellphones - The Economic Times

RE: Doordarshan to telecast programmes in Europe, Middle East; broadcast TV on cellphones

admin/ mods plz merge in this thread already posted by me Link Removed

Doordarshan to go global

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock