Good News Doordarshan turns 62

Sad thing is AIR which started in 1927. A 94 year old service is more relevant these days than Doordarshan. It hasn't been same since private player broke it's monopoly. Would be happy if they shut down. Cultural program can still be aired on DD News and DD India.

Would be happy if they shut down. Cultural program can still be aired on DD News and DD India.
Most DD channels (such as DD Bharati and regional kendra channels) are definitely irrelevant but DD is doing a fantastic job with DD News and DD India. They have better news coverage than almost all the private channels, that too in HD and with superior graphics that are not flashy. The upcoming Sansad TV (while technically not owned by DD) is also in HD. This is enough reason to continue supporting Doordarshan, along with the fact that it owns India’s only free DTH service.

Most DD channels (such as DD Bharati and regional kendra channels) are definitely irrelevant but DD is doing a fantastic job with DD News and DD India. It has better news coverage than almost all the private channels, that too in HD and with superior graphics that are not flashy. The upcoming Sansad TV (while technically not owned by DD) is also in HD. This is enough reason to continue supporting Doordarshan, along with the fact that it owns India’s only free DTH service.
Only in National level. DD is not good as a local news provider. It's private players who has better reach and coverage.

Only in National level. DD is not good as a local news provider. It's private players who has better reach and coverage.
That’s what I said. DD regional channels are now almost completely useless and no one watches them for news. The one good thing about them is old shows and classic films. Some talk shows are also good, such as those with doctors or teachers.

Last edited:
Be respectful to other members and refrain from personal attacks
Sad thing is AIR which started in 1927. A 94 year old service is more relevant these days than Doordarshan. It hasn't been same since private player broke it's monopoly. Would be happy if they shut down. Cultural program can still be aired on DD News and DD India.

Akashvani Stations are still running. Many Popular stations such as FM rainbow and Vividh Bharati are now available in DTH as well.

I have two such stations on my DishTV - AIR VBS (Vividh Bharati) and AIR Rainbow (FM Rainbow)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock