Breaking Doordarshan will be at the forefront among channels to be watched across the country : Anurag Thakur Union Minister of IB

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,221

hike

Television Genius
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:
After Olympic Games I don't think it's a joke.
Olympics games are of National Importance, same goes with every other Limited Overs International played by Indian Men's Cricket team... Even that they can't broadcast on DTHs and private LCOs...

It's absolutely a joke... Unless there are some large checks waiting with Government to bid for all competitive sports, some quality fiction content and all, they won't be even considered by general audience unless there is no other choice..

Olympics games are of National Importance
I mentioned here Olympic Games only coz I wanna say anything is possible if govt took it seriously Like they did with Olympic Games they given every effort and result is in front of us. Yes not many but our players given a remarkable performance.
See, if you wanna promote yourself just focus on one thing that is work, your work will automatically speak when it gives result.

Last edited:
They'll bring dance, singing, interactive, innovative reality shows?
Serials with new concepts?
If answer would be yes then something is possible
I only want good TV series with limited Number of Episodes, reality shows are already many on Indian TV. They'll only do crosscutting with show as with low budget.

The Government destroyed DD. I'm still stressing on the fact that India needs a second commercial broadcaster on the lines of ITV UK. They are so kanjoos that they cannot even allocate funds for the upgradation of DD & AIR. Moreover they have a monopoly over the terrestrial network which needs to end.

That doesn't mean that I would want Private players like Zee, Star, Sony to enter the world of terrestrial broadcasting. ITV UK had revolutionised television with record breaking shows like coronation Street. We need something like that. An ITV-like network run by an authority other than Prasar Bharti.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock