Doordarshan’s Free Dish gathers 30 million subscribers even as DTH subscriptions stagnate

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
DTH operators have seen their subscriber bases stagnate over the last three quarters at around 67 million, data from Trai show. The big culprit, say industry watchers, is Doordarshan’s Free Dish which, thanks to its bouquet of free-to-air channels, has mopped up some 30 million subscribers.

To counter the competition, DTH players are coming up with more affordable options for viewers. Girish Menon, Partner, KPMG, believes these slim packs could lure households to DTH platforms especially in smaller markets where bulk of subscribers still use DD Free Dish. “Where the average DTH ARPU is around `200-250, these packs cost around `100,” Menon said.

It’s a winner! Doordarshan’s Free Dish gathers 30 million subscribers even as DTH subscriptions stagnate

it doesnt contain just dd channels and if it had south channels atleast news it would have got even more users
They actually ignored almost all the south channels, Other than the DD south channels, there are no private south channels. preference is only given to hindi channels.

They actually ignored almost all the south channels, Other than the DD south channels, there are no private south channels. preference is only given to hindi channels.
Hindi as well as Bhojpuri. May be Punjabi because of Chardikla Time TV. All other languages are ignored.

In our area lots of ppls have ddfreedish they are happy with limited channels for free & I also have ddfreedish in one room sometime we watch it coz in my I have d2h :smile:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock