DreamDTH Explains: An overview of Hindi movie and news channels in India

Uhm, could've been done better in my opinion, it's a very superficial and at the same time haphazardly explained.

Uhm, could've been done better in my opinion, it's a very superficial and at the same time haphazardly explained.
Thanks for the feedback. Let me know what you would like to have included. But I cannot get political.

The article is intended for those who are new to the industry and so isn’t going to be in as much detail as some of my other articles.

I expected more depth on the definition side. How is a movie channel considered rural? What's the standard for news channel to amalgamate multiple regions in one channel when there's similar channels focused on one single region? How profitable are some of the news channels to be considered to get a license? Is there are any research done before Haryana getting multiple news channels but just a few in gujarati language? Are the sponsors actually looking for exposure or just linked to the operation by interest? Why the sole sponsor of the entire MH1 Network is just Pure Roots? Is the rural population actually watching Sony Wah or any of the channels classified as such?

I expected more depth on the definition side. How is a movie channel considered rural? What's the standard for news channel to amalgamate multiple regions in one channel when there's similar channels focused on one single region? How profitable are some of the news channels to be considered to get a license? Is there are any research done before Haryana getting multiple news channels but just a few in gujarati language? Are the sponsors actually looking for exposure or just linked to the operation by interest? Why the sole sponsor of the entire MH1 Network is just Pure Roots? Is the rural population actually watching Sony Wah or any of the channels classified as such?
All are great questions but sadly, for most of them, either they don’t have answers or the answers are too complicated to deal with in a single article. Ultimately I am not an expert on the industry but only a keen observer sharing whatever knowledge I have. :smile2:

Some of the questions can be answered only by chanels and advertisers, such as why MH One Network’s only sponsor is Pure Roots or why ads from Reckitt Benckiser brands such as Dettol, Lizol, Harpic, Vanish are aired only on less popular channels. But I am very happy that you have raised these questions and are reading the article, though they are too much far beyond its scope.
Excellent article @JollyLNB da
Thanks as always for the appreciation bhai. Hope more people read not only my articles but some others that are published based on their interests and time available.

Last edited:
This part is false though.Star gold is showing south Indian movies also..today morning I was watching main hi raha main hi mantri.

zcuhkOL.jpg

Last edited:
This part is false though.Star gold is showing south Indian movies also..today morning I was watching main hi raha main hi mantri.
I’m not saying that Star Gold doesn’t show South Indian movies but it is definitely much less than the other three networks. You can go through @dino29 bhai’s posts which are proof that Star Gold gives much more priority to Hindi movies than the other three. Its percentage of Hindi movies on a given day is rarely below 80%.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock