Breaking DSport removed the word “Discovery”

IamTRoy4

Reaction score
DSport, a sports TV channel launched in February 2017, by Discovery Network Asia-Pacific, removed the word “Discovery” from all of it's Social Media handles!
previously the description on FB & Twitter was “A premium sports channel by Discovery Network for the Indian Subcontinent”, BUT now it says ONLY this―↓

gaCPxqW.png

they updated the info on Dec 3rd

4x2P2aB.png

not only about/info section, they don't use the Discovery word even on poster's logo since November 27th!

here's how their previous DP & Info looked―↓

l3QhGxe.png

don't know exactly why they've done this, but it feels like DSPORT is now fully owned by LEX Sportel Vision pvt. ltd. (RC Venkateish, former incharge of ESPN Star and former CEO of DishTV)

I feel it will absorbed under new Sony-Discovery-Viacom-CBS entity and undergo major changes, Sony might take charge of it as Discovery is having expertise in mostly factual entertainment genre. Also sports properties will get enhanced focus in new merged network. All networks will combine synergies to create robust bouquet of channels with nice content in respective genres. Expecting exit of ESPN and A&E soon which will lead to above changes getting started

I feel it will absorbed under new Sony-Discovery-Viacom-CBS entity and undergo major changes, Sony might take charge of it as Discovery is having expertise in mostly factual entertainment genre. Also sports properties will get enhanced focus in new merged network. All networks will combine synergies to create robust bouquet of channels with nice content in respective genres. Expecting exit of ESPN and A&E soon which will lead to above changes getting started
There is no entity where Sony and discovery are together with new company ViacomCBS

Recent Press releases mention Lex Sportel as parent & operating company of DSport with Lex Sportel registering 1Sport trademark in November.

I think Eurosport soon going to replace Dsport in India .
Discovery launched DSport as their Indian feed of Eurosport, then DSport changed it's Eurosport like logo to Discovery like logo.
So I don't think they'll again bring back Eurosport logo & programmings.

Expecting exit of ESPN and A&E soon
SPN removed almost everything from their Sony ESPN’s programmings, leaving only 3-4 niche shows.
A+E network’s History TV18 recently became 16:9 ratio feed, so I think something is going on!

Lex Sportel registering 1Sport trademark in November.
So DSport going to rebrand as 1Sport ?
maybe this is why Discovery didn't launched DSport’s HD feed yet even getting the licence granted by MIB last year.

So DSport going to rebrand as 1Sport ?
maybe this is why Discovery didn't launched DSport’s HD feed yet even getting the licence granted by MIB last year.
This was HD only channel until January. Operators used to downgrade it until it's shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock