Breaking DTH/Cable TV Set Top Box Portability to be a reality finally by Dec 2019: TRAI

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 14,076
I read a news article that TRAI has only been able to test this with ICAS system. It is still a challenge to implement it with multiple encrpyption services used by DTH such as Conax, Irdeto, VideoGuard, etc.

Trai is just trying to make a way for Jio. Otherwise people had to spend about Rs 1500 for a new connection. I think DishTV, sun direct would be the biggest loosers. Tata Sky, and Airtel won't loose that much customers. Maybe airtel gonna buy sun direct in future i guess.

Box remains same, operators will add relevant encryptions to accomodate all stb models
I read a news article that TRAI has only been able to test this with ICAS system. It is still a challenge to implement it with multiple encrpyption services used by DTH such as Conax, Irdeto, VideoGuard, etc.

I think present box specially cardless box it is not possible,they may insist DTH operators to sell interoparatable boxes when new connections are taken after this rule comes to effect

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock