dth comparison- airtel digital tv, tata sky and videocon d2h

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 41,756

dino29

Reaction score
As i notice each minute detail and then evaluate each bpoint, i am happy to give u my rating for 3 dth companies

PICTURE QUALITY

Videocon D2H
the best in picture quality out of the three. smooth picture, no cracking in frames. its a delight to watch anything on d2h.

Tata Sky
poor picture quality, tata sky applies debocking to mix frames which makes picture washy and above all there is lot of cracking in frames. except for few channels, all others have high pixellation, cracking of frames and faded picture quality

Airtel Digital TV
i can say that Airtel Digital TV has average picture quality. Frmes do crack a lot on most channels, there is very high compression applied on many channels like etc, mastii, pix, star movies, zee studio etc. which mixed with frame cracking makes viewing experience very poor.

AUDIO QUALITY

Videocon D2H
Again d2h has the best audio quality, although they do apply dynamic range compression but the level at which it is applied is very low.For those who do not know what is DRC, it is a technique which is applied to equalize sound intensity, for example if you have a very high velocity sound coming with great beats and if high drc is applied then sound will become very low intensity with beats flattened thus giving a poor audio experience.
In d2h i still find audio to be of good standard, DRC applied is hust a little and beats and effects r still felt nicely.

Tata Sky
Poor, poor, very poor, that is what i can say about audio quality of Tata Sky, high DRC ius applied which makes the sound dull and pale, even in hd channels like star cricket hd, sound is worst due to this bad policy of Tata Sky. If u love music to b listened as it is made,Tatata Sky should never be ur choice to buy.

Airtel Digital TV
Again worse than Tata Sky, among these 3 operators, Airtel applies highest dynamic range compression making audio quality pale specially in high velocity events or shows.

HARDWARE/STB QUALITY

Tata Sky
It has the best hardware among all operators, due to people cribbing for everything to b of low price, hardware quality has suffered as compared to 4 years agao but still its far better than competitors, no hanging issues, smooth interface, no over heating issues so overall o a good stb.

Airtel Digital TV
Decent quality of hardware, no hanging issue but the stb is little slow in responding specially if u open interactive services. other than that the hardware of airtel is also very good but not as good as Tata Sky.

Videocon D2H
Not so great quality of hardware specially of hd and hd dvr, normal stb is a lot better in comparison. epg loading is really poor, there r a few overheating issues in case of hd and hd dvr stb, navigation is very slow. Box is of very cheap quality and not at all according to dth standards.

VALUE FOR MONEY

Tata Sky offers the best value for money product, although freebies offered are few but thats quite understandable as Tata Sky compensates each paisa spent for good quality parts placed inside the stb, only issue is that picture quality of tata sky is poor and sound is equally not upto the mark.
Videocon d2h stb are not that great but if u see the picture and sound quality,its the best among these 3 and d2h adds new channels most rapidly making it the best choice if u love great tv experience of variety of channels in good quality. packs of d2h are also the best
Airtel Digital TV can be termed as a OK dth operator, nothing great to speak about, but yes airtel surely offers wide range of regional channel , a bit more than d2h.

RE: honest and true comparison

With due respect Dino Brooo
I have difference of opinion.
I dont know anything about Tatasky so i cant say something about it.
But in case of D2h and Airtel, i am personally using these two DTH.

PICTURE and SOUND QUALITY
Airtel
I have noticed that Airtel have better Audio & Video quality than d2h.Adding some more experience is that Graphically wise Airtel have better Graphics but Option wise airtel is behind d2h.
Videocon
Dino Brooo. I dont know why u r saying that d2h have better Audio & Picture quality.but in my case i have observed that Airtel have comparatively better Audio Video Quality than d2h.

HARDWARE/STB QUALITY
I this case Dino Broo i do agree with u that Airtel have better STB than D2h.Looking wise Airtel STB is small and attractive and Airtel remote is very nice than D2h.Working wise D2h remote can work where ever its direction in the room but Airtel remote work normally with straight direction to Reciever.

well bro if u see i have clearly mentioned the reason for rating

But U r saying that D2h has better PQ and SQ than Airtel
On this point i have difference of opinion.
Else points i agree with u regarding good packages,channel addition,option wise d2h is excellent.

Good work dino bro. Also mazhar and bros. I think reliance have the best picture quality as i have observed .

Here we are talking about TS,D2h and Airtel.So talk about these one's.

I am not using any of the three.

good comparision dinobrother but pesonally i disagree with picture quality and sound quality of d2h is better than the airtel because i have seen d2h faces lots of pixlletion problem in lcd and led tv.

i am also trying to convince Dino that PQ and SQ wise Airtel is Better than D2h.
On this subject a poll can also be created.Lets see what users say about it.Admin plz consider this poll option and create a post.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock