DTH consumers caught in a tariff trap

• Thread starter jakab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 1,456

jakab

Reaction score
Many direct-to-home consumers who paid for quarterly, half-yearly or annual packs are feeling cheated after their service providers terminated their contracts under a new tariff regime that allows subscribers to pay only for channels they choose. These consumers had opted for long-duration packs before the new tariff order set by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India came into effect in February.

Many such consumers believed they would not have to pay extra for their favourite TV channels until the validity of their existing packs ended.

DTH consumers caught in a tariff trap

Long Term Plans For DTH Users Banned By Delhi High Court; TRAI’s Order Nullified

TRAI tried to help subscribers but Tata Sky objected to this, went to court and now this is latest update.
Long Term Plans For DTH Users Banned By Delhi High Court; TRAI’s Order Nullified

TRAI tried to help subscribers but Tata Sky objected to this, went to court and now this is latest update.
So all our long term plan will be converted to existing plan?😣😣

Its All Because Of Ts continues case pe case on High court :undecided:

I think TRAI should have taken a more balanced approach on this matter. Giving option to those on Old LTR Plans whether they wish to continue or migrate to new regime is fine but incase of former route they should have made broadcasters agree to not charge operators as per new framework till end of the concerned plan duration.

Tata Sky took legal route mainly bcoz broadcasters would have taken money as per new framework from them even for Old LTR users which would have caused them loss for no justified reason. Also it is ironic why operators and broadcasters did not discuss and settle this issue long back, they knew well enough about what is in store. Stopping old ltr plans in advance or chalking out correct strategy as i mentioned would have not created mess.

I think IBF should appoint me on their advisory board :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock