• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

    Please Log in or Register yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

DTH Dish TV plans to introduce differential pricing based on cities (1 Viewer)

Thakur

Banned
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
18,108
Reaction score
10,014
MUMBAI: Dish TV, India’s leading direct-to-home (DTH) operator, is planning to introduce different subscription rates based on cities, much the way cable TV networks do. The move, first by a DTH operator in India, will allow Dish TV to charge higher in the metros, leading to an expansion in its average revenue per user (ARPU). Dish TV plans to introduce differential pricing first in the metros. What this means, for example, is that a customer in Delhi will pay more for the same pack than someone, say, in Agra. “We are planning to introduce differential pricing for metro markets to start with. We will offer a premium pack, above the family package. For those who subscribe to this, we will offer some additional facilities,” Dish TV chief executive officer RC Venkateish told TelevisionPost.com. Dish TV’s new brand Zing, targeted at regional-language television consumers, has already initiated differential pricing. “When cable can have different pricing in different cities, there is no logic why we can’t. We have already done that with Zing. In Maharashtra, the pack price is Rs 189, while in Odisha it is Rs 175. We have proved that we can execute differential pricing,” Venkateish said. Dish TV will use differential pricing as a strategy to increase ARPU, not to dilute it. “While we will keep the base price for Dish TV subscribers untouched at Rs 240 across the towns, we will target geographies where we can offer new packages at higher price points. After the metros, we will move to DAS Phase II cities,” Venkateish added. The ARPU in Phases III and IV of digital addressable system (DAS) is low. Zing is expected to play a big role in these markets. In a parallel move, Dish TV has increased its subscription rates from 1 February. “We have taken an increase of 5–8 per cent in subscription rates from 1 February, ahead of the cricket World Cup. While we are looking at introducing differential pricing, we are also moving the overall subscription table up,” Venkateish said. Dish TV’s ARPU in the fiscal third quarter ended 31 December 2014 increased to Rs 177 from Rs 172 in the preceding quarter.

Dish TV plans to introduce differential pricing based on cities | TelevisionPost.com
 

Bishnu15

Dream Legend
Joined
7 Apr 2012
Messages
16,311
Reaction score
9,990
Zing Digital was a complete failure so this policy would also be a complete failure. The current packaging system is best. Then why they need to change it ? I simply dont understand. Dish TV's Family Pack is well designed. Only thing if they add an English News Channel that will be fantastic. For that having different packaging system is not mandatory.
 

Bishnu15

Dream Legend
Joined
7 Apr 2012
Messages
16,311
Reaction score
9,990
SarfaRaZ said:
Good Move by Dish Tv...waiting for it!
How do you say that its a good move ? Please justify your stance. :tup
 

jay vithlani

Dream Legend
Joined
30 Dec 2014
Messages
2,534
Reaction score
3,407
Bishnu15 said:
Zing Digital was a complete failure so this policy would also be a complete failure. The current packaging system is best. Then why they need to change it ? I simply dont understand. Dish TV's Family Pack is well designed. Only thing if they add an English News Channel that will be fantastic. For that having different packaging system is not mandatory.
i totally agree with bishnu .... :)
 
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
5,610
Reaction score
1,067
Bishnu15 said:
How do you say that its a good move ? Please justify your stance. :tup
bcoz per capita income of delhi or bangaluru is much higher than backward areas.
when cost of living is higher in metros than villages so this is a best move.
if someone is earning 1 lack in delhi/ncr than someone in village earns just 10000.
so both of them need to pay the same amount.
when our govt. allows different tax system according to cities so y can't dths allow it?
i think this is best move after the digitization came into effect.
:clap:clap:clap
 

sagar.patnaik

Dream Shine
Joined
20 Nov 2014
Messages
949
Reaction score
198
Just like Telecom they need to divide states into circles - Metros, Tier A, Tier B and Tier C.
 

TirumalHD

Registered
Joined
4 Nov 2014
Messages
783
Reaction score
251
Prateek Marwadi said:
bcoz per capita income of delhi or bangaluru is much higher than backward areas.
when cost of living is higher in metros than villages so this is a best move.
if someone is earning 1 lack in delhi/ncr than someone in village earns just 10000.
so both of them need to pay the same amount.
when our govt. allows different tax system according to cities so y can't dths allow it?
i think this is best move after the digitization came into effect.
:clap:clap:clap
u'r right bro
 
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
5,610
Reaction score
1,067
sagar.patnaik said:
Just like Telecom they need to divide states into circles - Metros, Tier A, Tier B and Tier C.
cannot b possible bro.
they got the pan india license for upto 30years (included renewal also).
also when portability is not there how it cud b possible to divide?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock