DTH growth faster than cable TV: Salil Kapoor

SPANDAN

Contributor
Reaction score
The exponential growth in media and television sector has acted as catalyst in Bihar's overall growth due to increased access to information, according to Dish TV COO Salil Kapoor.

“The TV industry has grown 28 per cent since 2007 and the growth in DTH is beyond numeric value at 1069 per cent in these five years which showed that there is higher acceptance of better technology. DTH, a fragment of the media industry pie five years ago, is now the preferred medium of watching television and has 48 per cent share in Bihar,” Kapoor said at a conclave in New Delhi.

Kapoor said that DTH segment, in which Dish is a major player, grew at over a 1000 per cent, even as cable grew by only 50 per cent from 2007 to 2011.

"Dish TV grew by 28 per cent since last financial year. Subscription rates have also jumped from Rs 178 in 2010-11 to Rs 211 in 2011-12," he added.

He also noted that there is a slow and swift movement from Hindi language content to English language channels, whether it be sports, news or infotainment.

Interesting...but i guess will turn tables once Digital Cable is implemented !

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I also think so that cable tv will be more competitor after digitiliazation.
and DTHs are becoming costlier day by day

The TV industry has grown 28 per cent since 2007 and the growth in DTH is beyond numeric value at 1069 per cent

:skd Good GOD ... awesome growth rate for DTH....... :skd

Expected One And Hereafter We Can Expect This Growth In DTH HD Serivce

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock