DDF Exclusive DTH of the Month - June 2022 | Tata Play

The BEST DTH of the Month for June 2022 is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted For D2H 8 HD Channels Free

After Long Time,,,
Thanks, you made voting easier. If we vote using our brains. Tata Play wouldn't win easily like they are doing every monrh. If we voted like that Sun would easily win every month. Sun offers NCF discount so giving us flexibility of getting any channels we want. We don't have to rely on Saturday and Wednesday offers to get channels at affordable price. We can get it anyday on Sun. By offering 8 HD channels for free for 6 months no less. D2H is clearly the true winner this month.

As always voted for Tata Play, for the first time they've provided hat trick of super offers this month like Sports, Hindi Movies and English Movies add-ons 🥳.

Respected Moderators and @Deepu Darling bro, request u to please include all points related to activities by various DTH operators, also state certain points in detail where required. Each month i can see that under Tata Play section all small or big activities are explained quite well while for others either many points r ignored or not explained in detail.

This month dish d2h started providing different variants of "Free HD channels packs" for customers who r having monthly charges worth Rs. 249 or above but again this was not explained in detail under dish tv and d2h section whereas under Tata Play section all Jingalala Saturday or Jingalala Afternoon offers which provided channels at Re. 1 for first month were properly described

Same ways this month airtel digital had rolled out major software update for its XStream boxes which included upgrade to new android software version, changes in user interface /boot screen , new features, latest android security patch/firmware/application version , improvement in audio / video quality, remote control software update etc. but this point was not included under airtel digital tv section.
Also airtel digital tv made major changes in the airtel logo which is placed across channels and started adding the new airtel logo in a phased manner on all channels. This point was again not mentioned under airtel digital tv section

Last month i had highlighted that airtel digital tv has again started providing retention/suspension offers to customers whose DTH account has remained in deactive state for more than 30 days. Such offers existed pre NTO implementation but were stopped in 2020 thus when relaunched it should have been highlighted in the monthly activities report card but it was not done

Last month i had also mentioned that airtel digital tv added live tv section on Airtel XStream app and new channels were added on it but again this was not included under the airtel digital tv section monthly activities list . If Tata Play adds new live tv channels or content on Tata Sky Live TV / Mobile App then it gets proper mention in monthly report but same is not done for airtel digital tv or other operators.

Also another point i had stated was that Airtel Digital TV now provides Free OTT Apps and TV channels worth Rs. 350/450 under various Airtel Black Plans. As airtel has a very diversified business portfolio which includes mobile, dth, broadband hence airtel black plans offers combo packs for these services. As these r available for subscription to Airtel Digital TV customers hence it should have been included in past month's activities list.

Even airtel provides Rs. 400 / 500 discount on purchase of secondary SD/HD and Xstream boxes and additional 10% discount if bought from airtel website but this point was not mentioned under airtel digital tv section while for Tata Play same was clearly listed.

Airtel offers Xstream box at Rs. 2000 with 3 months Amazon Prime subscription, 3 months xstream OTT Pack subscription. If a customer wants to upgrade his connection to HD then same can b done at Rs. 1999 and 1 year complimentary free subscription of disney+hotstar will b provided alongwith it. Also on upgrade i believe customer will get 3 months xstream OTT premium pack subscription and 1 month free access to TV channels as i got same when i upgraded box 2 years back, though this needs reconfirmation . These points were also not stated under airtel digital tv section in any of the monthly DTH poll threads.

Any member or visitor who is not well versed with all the schemes, offers, services provided by various DTH operators, he or she will just read the information written in 1st post of any monthly DTH thread and tend to think that Tata Play is providing best offers / channels / services / features which isn't exactly the case. Please mention details regarding these things properly for all DTH companies so that a fair assessment can be made before voting.

Thanks

@dino29 bro every participant of the poll knows that you can request corrections by providing link to the thread which was missed. Similar to last month, this time also you are not doing that.

Last month i had highlighted that airtel digital tv has again started providing retention/suspension offers to customers whose DTH account has remained in deactive state for more than 30 days. Such offers existed pre NTO implementation but were stopped in 2020 thus when relaunched it should have been highlighted in the monthly activities report card but it was not done
On your request I had updated the poll even though thread link wasn't provided (despite I asked you there too) and later that news turned out to be old. The poll had to be edited again to remove the outdated update provided by you.

Airtel Digital TV also brought in retention offers for 30+ days deactivated subscribers.
Added. Can you share it's thread/post link?
Nothing new in retention plans, available from long time. In fact from many years.
--
Same ways this month airtel digital had rolled out major software update for its XStream boxes which included upgrade to new android software version, changes in user interface /boot screen , new features, latest android security patch/firmware/application version , improvement in audio / video quality, remote control software update etc. but this point was not included under airtel digital tv section.
A reason was given for the updates which cannot be included in this poll, which although you read but still repeating same things again this month.

Airtel Digital TV launched new DTH + Broadband, DTH + Broadband + Postpaid combo plans. These also give free 1 year access to XStream OTT pack , disney+hotstar
They are Airtel Black plans.

Last month your point was a bit different and I asked for its details but you didn't clarify it and as always all updates were without source.

Last month i had also mentioned that airtel digital tv added live tv section on Airtel XStream app and new channels were added on it but again this was not included under the airtel digital tv section monthly activities list
Airtel Digital TV has added Live TV section on XStream App and also included new OTT chs like Hungama Play, Docubay on the app which r included in XStream OTT pack
A separate section for Live TV is added in Xstream mobile app to make it easier to discover? App updates like that are not part of DTH poll.
--

Also airtel digital tv made major changes in the airtel logo which is placed across channels and started adding the new airtel logo in a phased manner on all channels. This point was again not mentioned under airtel digital tv section
Did you even read the poll ?? It is in this month's poll and will also be in the month when the new logo is added on all channels.

OTHER ACTIVITIES
  • Some new plans launched
  • Testing smaller on screen logo
--
Also another point i had stated was that Airtel Digital TV now provides Free OTT Apps and TV channels worth Rs. 350/450 under various Airtel Black Plans. As airtel has a very diversified business portfolio which includes mobile, dth, broadband hence airtel black plans offers combo packs for these services. As these r available for subscription to Airtel Digital TV customers hence it should have been included in past month's activities list.
They are Airtel Black Plans. Any user must have Airtel Broadband Postpaid connection (not even prepaid broadband which is available in LCO cities) or Airtel Mobile Postpaid connection merged with their Airtel DTH account to get those plans. It can not be included in this list unless the plans are available to anyone with just a DTH account.

Airtel Black plans news and discussions are done on OnlyTech forum for same reason.

Even airtel provides Rs. 400 / 500 discount on purchase of secondary SD/HD and Xstream boxes and additional 10% discount if bought from airtel website but this point was not mentioned under airtel digital tv section while for Tata Play same was clearly listed.
Prove that this offer was launched in June and not earlier. Because I have logs of Tata Play website and news was published based on that, do you have that for Airtel's website? Or even a thread posted by anyone including you on the forum informing us about the price change?

Blaming others and finding fault in others is very easy... I will be waiting for your source specially for this price change because not only in this poll but DreamDTH News team failed to cover this as an article also, which according to you is because we are biased.
Airtel offers Xstream box at Rs. 2000 with 3 months Amazon Prime subscription, 3 months xstream OTT Pack subscription. If a customer wants to upgrade his connection to HD then same can b done at Rs. 1999 and 1 year complimentary free subscription of disney+hotstar will b provided alongwith it. Also on upgrade i believe customer will get 3 months xstream OTT premium pack subscription and 1 month free access to TV channels as i got same when i upgraded box 2 years back, though this needs reconfirmation . These points were also not stated under airtel digital tv section in any of the monthly DTH poll threads.
And you checked all poll threads or just the ones started by me? Just asking because everyone active on this forum knows that @Sagar bro was doing this earlier and then the monthly polls were stopped for a few months before getting resumed. You would have known that if you looked at dates before putting allegations.

If Tata Play does more activities it will be in the poll too. And FYI not all Rs 1 offers are included, only the ones with broadcaster channels are there. This is same for others also, if they give broadcaster channels in offer.

Voted to deh for new packs and free preview of 8hd channel till 31 st Dec.

@dino29 bro every participant of the poll knows that you can request corrections by providing link to the thread which was missed. Similar to last month, this time also you are not doing that.

On your request I had updated the poll even though thread link wasn't provided (despite I asked you there too) and later that news turned out to be old. The poll had to be edited again to remove the outdated update provided by you.

--

A reason was given for the updates which cannot be included in this poll, which although you read but still repeating same things again this month.

Last month your point was a bit different and I asked for its details but you didn't clarify it and as always all updates were without source.

--

Did you even read the poll ?? It is in this month's poll and will also be in the month when the new logo is added on all channels.

--

They are Airtel Black Plans. Any user must have Airtel Broadband Postpaid connection (not even prepaid broadband which is available in LCO cities) or Airtel Mobile Postpaid connection merged with their Airtel DTH account to get those plans. It can not be included in this list unless the plans are available to anyone with just a DTH account.

Airtel Black plans news and discussions are done on OnlyTech forum for same reason.

Prove that this offer was launched in June and not earlier. Because I have logs of Tata Play website and news was published based on that, do you have that for Airtel's website? Or even a thread posted by anyone including you on the forum informing us about the price change?

Blaming others and finding fault in others is very easy... I will be waiting for your source specially for this price change because not only in this poll but DreamDTH News team failed to cover this as an article also, which according to you is because we are biased.

And you checked all poll threads or just the ones started by me? Just asking because everyone active on this forum knows that @Sagar bro was doing this earlier and then the monthly polls were stopped for a few months before getting resumed. You would have known that if you looked at dates before putting allegations.

If Tata Play does more activities it will be in the poll too. And FYI not all Rs 1 offers are included, only the ones with broadcaster channels are there. This is same for others also, if they give broadcaster channels in offer.

Buddy all the information i have shared is available in public domain, all u need to do is do a google search. I have listed out all points which should have been included in this month's poll or earlier polls but same did not happen.

As i have said that retention offers were stopped after NTO implementation and started again just last month so it should have been included under airtel digital tv section in the may DTH of the month poll

What is the reason for not including point regarding airtel xstream major software update in DTH poll. Please elaborate.

Point regarding "Testing of small logo" was not listed under airtel digital tv section when i checked the information last night

Airtel Black Plans are available to airtel digital tv customers, yes they need to have or buy airtel broadband or postpaid connection to avail these plans but this cannot be reason to exclude this point from the information listed in this thread. Going by that logic even Tata Play OTT+TV combo plans also can be availed only by select customers who have broadband connection thus should not be included in the poll information list. As i have explained in detail airtel black plans offer combo packs to customers who can combine all their airtel services and avail discounts, free OTT subscription, free service visits, etc. .... Airtel Digital TV customers can opt for it hence it should b included in the information listed under airtel digital section of this thread.

Regarding discount offers on Airtel Digital TV SD / HD / XStream boxes, i have clearly stated that this information should have been included in earlier "DTH of the Month" threads but as this was not done so atleast same should b done in latest thread.

I have not seen details about updated Airtel Xstream new connection or upgrade benefits in any of the DTH of the Month threads posted in last few months
Buddy i am not blaming you or anyone else. I just tried to bring forth shortcomings in the information which is listed under these threads and i surely feel that like for Tata Play proper description is given for all the activities performed by them , similarly for other DTH operators too all the relevant / correct information should b posted in each DTH of the Month threads.

Reactions: KGF
Buddy all the information i have shared is available in public domain, all u need to do is do a google search. I have listed out all points which should have been included in this month's poll or earlier polls but same did not happen.

As i have said that retention offers were stopped after NTO implementation and started again just last month so it should have been included under airtel digital tv section in the may DTH of the month
'Google' will showing anything and everything, why should we include unverified news from third parties? Moreover, you are still not ready to share any source to verify what you are saying.

What is the reason for not including point regarding airtel xstream major software update in DTH poll. Please elaborate.
Sure, it is my explaination and clarification day afterall;
  • You haven't attached any source, thread or link
  • The 8 pages long thread which I have gone through says that the "major update" haven't brought any new changes.
  • Users said that changes are either not noticeable or minor more like bug fixing and general UI/ performance improvement.
  • All companies occasionally push STB updates, if there are any new features we include them in the poll.
Point regarding "Testing of small logo" was not listed under airtel digital tv section when i checked the information last
So you checked last night huh? Here is the proof that the 1st post has not been touched after 3pm in afternoon.

VXdTmEv.png

Airtel Black Plans are available to airtel digital tv customers, yes they need to have or buy airtel broadband or postpaid connection to avail these plans but this cannot be reason to exclude this point from the information listed in this thread. Going by that logic even Tata Play OTT+TV combo plans also can be availed only by select customers who have broadband connection thus should not be included in the poll information list.
Yes by that logic it wouldn't be but there is a difference which you overlooked. Tata Play OTT combos do NOT need any other connection, it is for all users.

Regarding discount offers on Airtel Digital TV SD / HD / XStream boxes, i have clearly stated that this information should have been included in earlier "DTH of the Month" threads but as this was not done so atleast same should b done in latest thread.
How is it possible to find and include 6 months or more updates in latest poll! The voting is for current month not what happened months ago.

--

--

--

Lastly, I am not good with false blames on myself for something that I put efforts into and try to be as neutral as possible. I am voluntarily stepping down from making DOTM poll threads with immediate effect. Don't expect any regret though because I have maintained quality of these polls exact way they were earlier if not improved.

Team members interested in creating DOTM poll can contact Administrators, other recognised users can approach through TTT.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock