Sad News DTH Operators are not updating Broadcasters bouquets

Sagardinesh

Reaction score
I am seeing that DTH operators are not updating Broadcasters bouquets in their platform. If you look at Zee English prime SD price is now ₹15/month while on DTH websites it's still at old price ₹ 25/ month. Additionally Star India released two new bouquets Star English mini and Star English premium packs but none of the DTH operators have listed them on their website.

Changes will be effective after 1 month of declaration date

Same with Airtel...and new star bouquets were published more than 30 days...it's not rocket science adding a new bouquet

MSO only allow Broadcaster packages which are profitable,I am Under VK Digital in tamil nadu chennai,They dont have Zee english prime HD pack 25rs instead they asked to pick from a la carta which is Flix-19 and Prive -19,Same with SPN packages Happy India sports and english clubbed under 25rs but they dont have it asked to take happy india sports 19 and Happy india english @ 12 rs,All this to generate profit,Hope BECIL's Audit throws light on these issues,When questioned MSO says as per TRAI they can carry either in package or A la carta,A Loop hole being misused or deliberatly left by TRAI ,Let Trai make it mandatory to carry all Broadcasters Package ,Else Let TRAI pull back this new Tariff ASAP

Last edited:
I don't know why Trai is closing their eyes on it, even broadcasters too. Airtel still not reduce a LA cart price of many channels and still not add Zee classic and anmol cinema in Zee bouquets

MSO only allow Broadcaster packages which are profitable,I am Under VK Digital in tamil nadu chennai,They dont have Zee english prime HD pack 25rs instead they asked to pick from a la carta which is Flix-19 and Prive -19,Same with SPN packages Happy India sports and english clubbed under 25rs but they dont have it asked to take happy india sports 19 and Happy india english @ 12 rs,All this to generate profit,Hope BECIL's Audit throws light on these issues,When questioned MSO says as per TRAI they can carry either in package or A la carta,A Loop hole being misused or deliberatly left by TRAI ,Let Trai make it mandatory to carry all Broadcasters Package ,Else Let TRAI pull back this new Tariff ASAP

This is more complex and then TRAI had to declare to carry all channels of all broadcasters on all platforms which is technically not possible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock