Discussion DTH Recorder Suggestion

rahul999

Reaction score
MY Airtel HD DVR got some power problem in Circuit Board.
Due to Lock down i am not able to approach any Service Center( I mean TV/Computer Repair Shop)
I don't know whether it will work again or not
I want to buy STB with recording Option.
Airtel HD + or TATA SKY PVR?
which is good option ?
I know about the recording options between these 2 ---- Airtel can recording only 1 channel which we are watching and in TATA SKY PVR we can record 3 channels at a time.
but my basic doubt is if i buy TATA SKY PVR for amount around 9500 , is that model going to continue or they stop service like Airtel HD DVR?
i think regular TATA SKY HD box wont support recording.

is that model going to continue or they stop service like Airtel HD DVR?
No, it won't be stopped as far as i know. Tata Sky will continue to sell it's HD DVR box for their premium customers. It is lined up above their Binge+ Android STB.

Currently it is the only available HDD (hard disk) based HD DVR selling on market.

I want to buy STB with recording Option.
Airtel HD + or TATA SKY PVR?
which is good option ?
With current Airtel HD box you will get subscription based USB recording where as Tata Sky HD DVR which costs 9.5k has inbuilt HDD with which your recordings will be stored inside STB and no additional charges for recording.

does tata sky pvr/HD DVR box having cooling fan in the STB?
and the pvr comes with single LNB ,single cable with 3 tuners right?(not like airtel hd dvr, airtel need to 2 cables for 2 tuners)

does tata sky pvr/HD DVR box having cooling fan in the STB?
Yes, it has a cooling fan just like most of the traditional HDD based DVRs have, it runs on boot up and every once in a while when STB is on.
and the pvr comes with single LNB ,single cable with 3 tuners right?(not like airtel hd dvr, airtel need to 2 cables for 2 tuners)
Correct. Single LNB - super lnb it is called.
One cable from dish to set top box and signal is divided into three tuners inside.

Yes, it has a cooling fan just like most of the traditional HDD based DVRs have, it runs on boot up and every once in a while when STB is on
Thanks for the replies
first released airtel HD DVR had cooling fan, later one/my present one doesn't have cooling fan which made my STB heat in long run and had some problem in mother board.

I Just read some of TS binge+ threads.
in some post, you said you planning to buy Binge+ ,if yes is it replaces with your present HD DVR when comes with catch up tv?
HD DVR users habit is always records a programs which we watch later with forward, rewind such options.
so i am confused between binge + and HD DVR.

Can we Record programs when TS HD DVR in stand by mode?

Last edited:
in some post, you said you planning to buy Binge+ ,if yes is it replaces with your present HD DVR when comes with catch up tv?
I cancelled my plan.
Can we Record programs when TS HD DVR in stand by mode?
Yes, you can record programs while STB is in stand by mode.

Thanks a lot for all the replies.
mostly i go with TATA SKY HD DVR in few days.
what is the warranty period of HD DVR. IN tata sky website it shows 3 years annual service commitment.what does exactly it means?
any precautions/suggestions at the time of purchase and installation

1 more question about recorded content.
in sun direct, while playing recorded content, there will be water marks/codes like customer id and other numbers.it annoys on the screen while watching.
airtel doest show any such things while playing recorded content.
what about tata sky recorded content.I think its DVR, so doesn't show any added water marks to recorded content.

Last edited:
Does the 500GB HDD is swappable to 1tb or 2tb. ?
cuz i dont want it to get filled up too quickly
#Tataasky 9.5k setupbox, i'm talking about !

1 more question about recorded content.
in sun direct, while playing recorded content, there will be water marks/codes like customer id and other numbers.it annoys on the screen while watching.
airtel doest show any such things while playing recorded content.
what about tata sky recorded content.I think its DVR, so doesn't show any added water marks to recorded content.
No watermark, etc. You get same content in recording as live TV.
Does the 500GB HDD is swappable to 1tb or 2tb. ?
cuz i dont want it to get filled up too quickly
#Tataasky 9.5k setupbox, i'm talking about !
No. But 500GB space is a lot.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock