DTH Sd Connection Closed Soon ?

Vikram

Reaction score
Last (diwali) Festival Season all Dth Operators Reduce The New HD Connection Price From Rs.3000 To Rs.2000 And Born New HD Revolution,
As Per My Knowledge Dth Operator Pay Same Charges For Both HD And SD Set top Box, And Now Every Operator Want to Sell Hd Than SD,because HD Box Give More Revenue From SD Also Tension Free For Future HD upgrade,
What is Your Opinion ?
Sd Connection will disappear In HD Revolution ?
It indicates H.D. Package Monthly price is Reduce in Future ?
:huh

I feel they will not reduce the HD package prices but selling HD boxes in cheap price so many will buy it and then subscribe to HD packs, in that way they will get more revenue from packages rather than stbs.

Bapun Raz said:
I feel they will not reduce the HD package prices but selling HD boxes in cheap price so many will buy it and then subscribe to HD packs, in that way they will get more revenue from packages rather than stbs.

They had to bring it down eventually. Its not only to make viewers to watch HD channels, It was pressure for each providers to reduce the price. You guys remember sun HD connection costs arount 10000rs in the begining when they were monopoling. but later they have reduced it due to entrance of many providers. Everything will reduce eventully even HD packs. When HD channels viewership increases, Channels will go for advrt revenue and try to reduce subscription fee. But the thing is, at that time u might have many hd channels and you wont see much different in overall package, might also get increase little bit.

No doubt HD(may be Ultra HD) is the future but it will take almost 8 - 10 years to be in mainstream as digitization hasn't been completed yet. As there are only 4 - 5 % HD subscribers in India so we have only 35 - 40 HD channels out of 800+ channels registered in India. So we cannot blame broadcaster for not launching more HD Feed. Of-course we cannot expect all those channels will be converted to HD in a day or Year. So look like SD is safe for another 8 - 10 years.

maybe all dth are cartel to push HD, and push min ARPU (ave rev per user) to around Rs.350+ and remember this is recurring4 them ;)

No Offense but what I think is DTH must not have SD connections at all.
As Space will always be an issue and I can think of one possible solution and it seems quite possible to me as well.

for a country like India, If we had only HD STBs backword compatible ie, TV's that doesn't support HD, STB will downcast the channel instead sats to carry both SD and HD version of channels.. All channels available in HD, DTH operator must remove channel SD feed and on subscription basis STB will decide to either downcast a channel or show as HD. Saving all the space.
What I think and I am not that technical in DTH sector but its possible and can be done... :)

If DTH operator are paying same charges for both SD & HD STB then they should provide HD STB at low cost instead of making money from selling HD STBs. This will help increase HD subscribers & will help increase popularity of HD channels / increase in ARPU once subs are hooked to HD chs.
DTH are selling STBs below MRP to some rural customers & this is adding to customer aquisition cost. We get good quality HD FTA STBs with good s/w from open market & same quality STB is sold by DTH at much higher price to retail customers.
Any way HD is for long run & DTH who invest in HD will help them in future when digitisation is complete & digital pricing of chs starts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock