DTH subscriber base in India up 4% to 70.3mn in Q2 FY15

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score

New Delhi : According to the Quarterly performance of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on DTH sector, the Direct-to-home subscriber base has increased to 70.33 million in the second quarter FY 2015 compared to 67.57 million in the first quarter FY 2015, up by 3.92% in India.

Inactive direct-to-home subscribers has increased from 29.33 million in the April-June 2014 to 31.2 million July-September 2014, up by 5.99% quarter-on-quarter, added the report. The active subscriber base during the quarter increased by 2.27% to 39.13 million during the quarter ended September 2014 from 38.24 million during the quarter ended June 2014.

Dish TV and Airtel Digital TV had added 378,000 and 151,000 net subscribers respectively during the quarter ended September 2014. The subscriber addition numbers of other DTH players namely Tata Sky, Reliance Digital TV, Sun Direct and Videocon d2h are not in the public domain.

http://tvnews4u.com/index.php?optio...in-india-up-4-to-70-3mn-in-q2-fy15&Itemid=639

very bad news. inactive subscribers have been increasing rapidly. i think it also consists of interchangeability within the dth sector.

sagar.patnaik said:
4% growth is slow compared to the market we have.

bro it is just about dth. we have dth, mso n analogue cables in india. so 4-5% growth is more than enough bro.

With zing in DTH potential states like TN this growth percentage could easily double in the near future.

Prateek Marwadi said:
bro it is just about dth. we have dth, mso n analogue cables in india. so 4-5% growth is more than enough bro.

MSO's are only in big cities, small cities cable operators have pathetic service I thought those people will shift to DTH.

sagar.patnaik said:
MSO's are only in big cities, small cities cable operators have pathetic service I thought those people will shift to DTH.

the price difference is high. if people were to shift, they wud have shifted already in the past.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock