DTH subscription price increase and its impact on ARPU

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Leading direct-to-home (DTH) companies in India are expected to see a lift in ARPU by 4–7% as a result of price increase in their monthly subscription packs, according to industry estimates.

The ARPU for the companies will depend on the nature of packages that the customers subscribe to. For a DTH company that has more subscribers taking the low-end pack, the ARPU rise will be lower. There is also a possibility of subscribers downgrading their pack.

Videocon d2h has increased the price of its packs in the range of 4–11%. The price offering of Rs 99 per month at the lowest end has remained unchanged. Videocon d2h has also introduced two new base packs—Gold Kids and Gold Sports Kids.

videocon-Flexi-Pack-Packages-yr16.jpg

Videocon d2h has also introduced two new base packs—Gold Kids and Gold Sports Kids. They are priced monthly at Rs 330 and Rs 400 respectively.

Gold Kids is an extension of Super Gold, and Gold Sports Kids is an extension of New Gold Sports, with inclusion of nine additional kids channels. For the rest of India, Videocon’s price hike is ~8% across the packages. The minimum price increase is Rs 21.

Rest-of-India-videocon-Packages-yr16.jpg

videocon-South-India-Packages-yr16.jpg

videocon-Delhi-Packages-yr16.jpg

Tata Sky

Tata Sky has introduced four packs while doing away with some. The price of the base pack has increased by Rs 20 per month.

Tata-sky-base-price-packages-yr16.jpg

The add-on pack has been hiked in the range between Rs 5 and Rs 15 per month. The regional add-on pack has increased by Rs 10 a month.

Tata-sky-Add-on-packages-yr16.jpg

Airtel Digital TV has increased ‘My Plan’ pack price from Rs 179 to Rs 199 per month. In the other ‘My Plan’ package, the price is Rs 99 per month and customers have to subscribe to at least two paid add-ons.

Airtel-Add-on-my-plan-99-Rs.-99-Pack-yr16.jpg

The ‘Ultra’ pack in the rest of India has increased by Rs 20 from Rs 472 to Rs 492 a month.

Dish TV is expected to announce a price increase soon. However, Dish TV’s Zing offering will not increase subscription rates as it aims to mop up subscribers from Phase III and IV towns of digital addressable system (DAS).

Will the new pricing affect subscriber growth? “We have taken a calculated risk. While cable TV has not increased monthly subscription prices, we have taken an increase. Still, we feel there will be no impact,” a senior DTH executive said.

Read more at: price hikes

Bad move from private DTH providers .. :clap

TV viewers now also have the option to shift to Free To Air channels :c
using their small 60cm- 90cm dish,

A person can easily track satellites like

DD Free dish (93.5° E)
Some Free To Air channels from Dish TV satellites (NSS 6 & SES 8 at 95.0°E)
Eutelsat 70 B (70.5° E)
ABS Free Dish (75° E)

Also preferably need a HD MPEG4 DVB-S2 satellite receiver and little patience

:tup

For me there is no increase in package price or individual channel price as I am with spl FTA pack of Oct,2010.

Yar! Now what ?? Again DTH service price rises.

abhinaba said:
For me there is no increase in package price or individual channel price as I am with spl FTA pack of Oct,2010.

Which dth u use ,????
Charges per month ????

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock