DTH to have a pack of 200 channels by year-end

anilsk01

Contributor
Reaction score
New Delhi, May 20 (PTI) Doordarshan's free-to-air direct-to-home (DTH) service aims to have a pack of 200 channels on its platform by the end of this year, in a move which could trigger competition and a slash in monthly subscription by other service providers in this space.

Currently, DD's DTH service carries 57 channels including 21 Doordarshan channels and a bouquet of private channels apart from 21 channels of All India Radio.

The service provider hopes that its low carriage charges as compared to other players and its footprint across the country will draw the broadcaster into its fold.

"In fact, about 150 channels including some prime entertainment ones have already evinced their keen interest to broadcast through our platform," said a senior I&B official, talking about the Rs 100 crore venture.

Well i dont understand how DD will force compete with private players to lower prices as people who want good quality paid channels will no matter what will have to go for Private players only... :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock