DTH vs Local cable for Multiple TV?

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, all.

By this month i might be going DAS so i checked with my LCO the cost for SD connection (VK Digital Chennai) for 3 tv's, he said SD STB per Tv is INR 500 and Monthly subscription with all SD channels is INR 250 per month per TV so for 3 Tv's its INR 750 per month and strictly cash payments.

My requirement is all English (2 tv's), Tamil (all 3 Tv's) & Sports channels (2 tv's).

So wanted to check if DTH would offer better packs under Multi Tv pack or if it would still be costlier than INR 750 per month.

PS: STB cost not an issue so please suggest for monthly expense alone.

Thanks.

Definitely higher than 750 no doubt in that

In adtv as per ur requirement u need to
spend 800 to 900 per month for 3 TV's

Yes, my first choice for DTH is Airtel as i have both landlines, broadband and post paid mobile connection with them so its easy to pay online. My second choice would be TataSky.

Also i still fear to buy STB from LCO as he is still not confident if he will stay with VK in future or move to another MSO, he keeps saying SCV is doing their best to get back the LCO and Arasu is still a one huge mystery so he cant guarantee on any investment i make on STB.

If ADTV or TataSky are just a INR 100 or 200 costlier than Local cable then i might switch to DTH.

Bro, in Tata Sky the package suits to your requirements is Ultra pack which costs 560 per month. And the other 2 child connection will cost 250 each per month for the same package.

Package wise all DTH operators are costlier than cable operators bro...

Bro, in Tata Sky the package suits to your requirements is Ultra pack which costs 560 per month. And the other 2 child connection will cost 250 each per month for the same package.

Ok, so its around INR 1100 which seems way costlier than Local Cable. btw thanks for the info. :)

Yes, it looks like that. I can manage to pay INR 200 max than local cable, anything additional family would oppose as family knows the collection man for LCO and his family so they might strongly oppose.

I have one more suggestion

Sdirect is started adding Channels though tamil Channels not sure but surely sports & English they add it completely

So wait for one month if sdirect satisfy you take it else adtv is only choice :)

I have one more suggestion

Sdirect is started adding Channels though tamil Channels not sure but surely sports & English they add it completely

So wait for one month if sdirect satisfy you take it else adtv is only choice :)

Yes, i agree. Also since Analogue might end atleast in Chennai as Arasu has made legal complain so LCO's might push for a quicker STB sales if things get really tight and Sun Direct too might make use of this to catch the subscribers who are in a hurry to go DAS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock