DTHs removing channels from base pack....

• Thread starter amty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,703

amty

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
just wanted too share my point of view on dths removing channels first it was dishtv, d2h and now tatasky.... i know we cant blame dths alone for broadcasters they keep launching channels and keep asking money from dths and they put that load on customers... some time ack as a customer we use too get all channels at average of 350rs per month or 3500-4000rs per year now we r paying 600-700 per month or 7000-8000 rs per month still we not getting all channels on base pack....how long this will go on dontt you guys think MIB should stop issuing licences too broadcaster to launch new channels as they r launching for each property a different channel...ie same sports comming on 3 or 4 different channels from same broadcasters on the name of regional feed, special feed and crap...its high time MIB/ govt think about users i feel we r getting cheated broadcasters making huge money they r making money through advertisements as well we r not getting add free content,,, many time a ball is missed as adds r going on i remm in 90's dd use too show matches 1st ball use to get missed most of time as they use too show many adds in between overs but it was free so we couldnt complain...i think we all should write in and teach these broadcasters a lesson as all they revenue they generate is from end user....if we dont watch their channel it will bite the dust ie recent one being discovery jeet...

But I never heard ADTV removing channels from base packs. Even with Tata Sky its the first time.

I agree. DTH companies are doing everything to retain customers thus challenging the decision of Price hike by Broadcastors. They are reluctant to increase the Price of Channels and pass the burden on customers afterall competition is very intense in the sector

Cable operators are providing all needed channels in 200-300 price range dth packages with same amount of channels only available.in 500-700 price range. Why dths cost.more?

just wanted too share my point of view on dths removing channels first it was dishtv, d2h and now tatasky.... i know we cant blame dths alone for broadcasters they keep launching channels and keep asking money from dths and they put that load on customers... some time ack as a customer we use too get all channels at average of 350rs per month or 3500-4000rs per year now we r paying 600-700 per month or 7000-8000 rs per month still we not getting all channels on base pack....how long this will go on dontt you guys think MIB should stop issuing licences too broadcaster to launch new channels as they r launching for each property a different channel...ie same sports comming on 3 or 4 different channels from same broadcasters on the name of regional feed, special feed and crap...its high time MIB/ govt think about users i feel we r getting cheated broadcasters making huge money they r making money through advertisements as well we r not getting add free content,,, many time a ball is missed as adds r going on i remm in 90's dd use too show matches 1st ball use to get missed most of time as they use too show many adds in between overs but it was free so we couldnt complain...i think we all should write in and teach these broadcasters a lesson as all they revenue they generate is from end user....if we dont watch their channel it will bite the dust ie recent one being discovery jeet...
you have talked only about cricket but cricket is not the only thing. and why do you want all channels. do you watch all channels. may be very few are paying 600-700 per month. most of them are paying less than 300 or even 200 and getting required channels

you have talked only about cricket but cricket is not the only thing. and why do you want all channels. do you watch all channels. may be very few are paying 600-700 per month. most of them are paying less than 300 or even 200 and getting required channels

ie stands for- for example so i was just giving an example....anyways i was taking consideration of highest pack which most take and channels dropping like flies from base packs....after paying huge money still channel vanishes...there should be some kind of a contract between customer and dth that he will get those channels till the contract is valid or they should refund money if channel is dropped in between

Last edited:
Why nobody is answering my question?

bro its all money game...cable tv reach is limited too area/city.their revenue stream is limited. where as dth reaches length and breadth of the country... dth has their own revenue stream so broadcasters feel we also should get the fair share out it....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock