Dune - Part 2 | Warner Bros | October 20 2023

Vivek420

Contributor
Reaction score
Source

Denis Villeneuve is officially returning to Arakis. The filmmaker’s dream of completing his two-part Dune series is becoming a reality, with Legendary and Warner Bros. on Tuesday announcing they are moving ahead with a sequel that will hit theaters in October of 2023.

The first Dune opened in cinemas and hit HBO Max simultaneously on Oct. 22. It earned a strong $40.1 million in its domestic debut, the biggest of Villeneuve’s career as well as the biggest opening of the year for Warner Bros., which sent its entire 2021 slate day-and-date to streaming. Whether or not to make a sequel was Legendary’s call.

It what comes as no surprise, the sequel for Dune finally has been greenlighted for a October 2023 theatrical release with director, producer, and co-screenwriter Denis Villeneuve returning. Key word here is theatrical. We understand that a key point of negotiations between Legendary and Warner Bros was that Dune: Part Two would be given a pure theatrical window; no day-and-date HBO Max release plan is in the mix for this cinema spectacle.

Last edited:
“It’s like a chess game,” Villeneuve added. “Some new characters will be introduced in the second part and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture. Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

Villeneuve confirmed that “Dune: Part Two” is “supposed to shoot by the end of the summer,” adding, “I will say it is mostly designed. The thing that helps us right now is that it’s the first time I’ve revisited a universe. So I’m working with the same crew, everybody knows what to do, we know what it will look like. The movie will be more challenging, but we know where we are stepping. And the screenplay is written. So I feel confident.

Dune-Part 2 [2024] Warner Bros & Legendary Pictures Action War Adventure Sci-fi Drama Thriller Film,
Official English trailer,
Official Hindi trailer,

EI7muBZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock