DVR slowness and hang up issues

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

For last one week, ,my DVR is behaving strange.

1.It hangs very often when i try to access the recorded program. And the menu also starts loading very slowly like some lag is very visible.

2.While playing recorded content , it hangs all of sudden and stops responding. Restarting the box and other times , if i click pause and wait, after 4-5 seconds , the pause symbol will appear and then i would be able to continue watching.

Anybody facing similar issue? what could be the problem?

Check the space. If its nearing full delete some recorded programs.
Check the connectors. I have no such problem.

I am facing a strange problem...2 weeks before my HD DVR got replaced TS replaced it as the box become faulty...i had to pay Rs. 350...

Coming to the problem....when i am viewing any recorded content after some it gets hanged...the picture becomes still but all i had to do is to rewind a bit then it becomes normal....

I have lot of space in my DVR! No issues on that. This problem is ruining whole experience. Live tv viewing is good , no issues on that! But DVR playback is problem. Most of my last week recordings has this problem and some times it freezes the screen and skips some portion of recording.

Is there any reset that I can try it out ?

^^^Guys what are the channels u are recording and watching....

When i am viewing recording content from Sun TV or Vijay TV or any other tamil channels every 15 - 20 mins the picture and sound gets stuck..i then press the rewind button once and press the play button then it works fine till it occurs next time...but when i am viewing the recording content from HD channels or english movie channels this problem is not occurring to me...

I faced same problem that you listed while playing content recorded from Vijay TV, Star Premiere HD and Star Movies HD.I'm not sure about other channels though.

It seems this problem is reported by some users when I checked with local technician in my area.

We have the same problem (fault). Playing recorded programmes - STB hangs/screen freezes. Solution is to rewind and play again.

Not a major issue but very frustrating - surely some buffer/memory issue?

We have 41% free space on the HD so that's not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock