RE: I strongly appose your new HD policy

Hide Details
[email protected]
TO:
[email protected]
CC:
[email protected]

Dear Mr.Sankar

Thank you for your mail about HD Access Fee.

At Tata Sky we believe that people either watch a particular genre like movies, news, music, cartoons, etc. or they dont. Hence our packages have been arranged by genre to enable our subscribers select and pay for what they like to watch. To add further flexibility of choice, in addition to packages by genre, all channels are also available on a la carte basis.

However, we could not do so to our HD channels while their number grew from 2 to 11. Even now all channels in any genre do not come with an HD version.

With the number of channels having reached 11 and expected to grow rapidly in the coming months, covering all genres, the practice of putting all HD channels in a single HD pack is being discontinued & instead the channels are being added to their respective genre based packs. If you are paying HD Access Fee, you automatically gets the HD variants of the channels you have selected as part of your base / genre / ala carte pack.

This works in your favour as

- you can continue to pick & choose content in genre based packages just as you would & we in turn, ensure that the HD content for those relevant channels is automatically made available to you. More channels of the same genre, as and when they are introduced, are automatically added to the pack.
- This also protects you from a price increase each time a new HD channel is introduced thus avoiding frequent price increases which now will only need to go up after addition of a substantial chunk of HD channels to compensate for the bandwidth they use. Incidently, an HD channel consumes 3 times the bandwidth of an SD channel.

We aware that some of our competitors are offering HD channels to subscribers only when they subscribe to packages of approximately Rs 450 or above. We had the option to do the same. However, we decided against it as it would have forced many subscribers to pay for content they werent interested in and did not watch. On Tata Sky you could even subscribe to our cheapest pack of Rs 200 PM and for Rs 100 extra could get HD versions of 7 channels in the pack for a total sum of Rs 300 PM.

Thank you for writing to us
Warm regards
Manjunath
Tata Sky Customer Care

[THREAD ID:1-7PWAXLZ]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 13/10/2012 11:47:22 AM
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: I strongly appose your new HD policy

Hello Sir,
I strongly appose your new HD policy.
You take my example...
I am the Tatasky HD plus customer from Chennai Tamil nadu. Almost we dont watch any hindi channels.
I am in south sports Pack. With HD access fee Rs 100. I willl get Starplaus HD/Sony HD/ZEE HD/NGC/disovery.

In the market other DTH provider is giving 22 HD channels for Rs 124
Also you are forcing a customer to buy both SD/HD channel of the same content. Is there any common sense behind the policy. Simply a its a money looting policy for forcing to buy redundant content of SD/HD.
Thanks,sankar

@sankar17

I got the same reply .......
I think they are replying same quoted message to those subscribers who mailed them about BAD HD policy.

Its a custom message which they forward to all i guess.

Dear All,

I want to put forward a perspective of HD Access Fee. If I am a Tata Sky management, why would I add new HD channels, if I have fixed the HD Access Fee to 100 Rs.?

Let me try to elaborate it. Assumming I launch, Ten HD, what extra business I attract? I attract extra business by forcing those HD subscribers who have not yet taken Ten Sports subscription? What percentage of such people might they be? Assuming 5% of subscribers are HD subscribers, and out of those 1 % will be those who would love to watch Ten HD but have not yet subscribed Ten Sports before launch of Ten HD. In my opinion, if a person loves Ten Sports or Ten Cricket, then if Ten HD was not there, he would have already subscribed those SD versions. So Why as Tata Sky management, I would be motivated to launch new HD channels?

Do you think, either HD Access Fee will keep on increasing with every addition, or there will be not much of HD addition on Tata Sky platform?

I seek point of view from the forum members.

Thanks and Regards,
Shiwesh

I hate this policy and i have emailed them about it.
plz members do the same

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock