Seeking Help Entering USALS and Using USALS in an STB

ankineed

Reaction score
Friends!

Can any one explain how to use USALS in an STB. I am using DMS Diseqc motor model SG-2100 with Open Box HD S2. When I entered my coordinates in motor setup with USALS selected, the motor is going all the way to West-end and stopping there and not moving. I entered an active TP on G sat 10 @83E which is near to my longitude 80.988.Thank U

I have the same motor with me and used it for about 5 years.
  1. Please try few things. When the motor is powered, please press the reset button on the motor. It should bring the motor back to center position.
  2. I am assuming that you have directed the motor to your true South while mounting. Based on your profile, your longitude is 80.99 DEG East. Closet satellite near True South is 82 Deg. So, before tightening the motor mounting bolts, you need to move the motor to 82 Deg and you need to align it.
  3. Now, in the STB enter your longitude and latitude (80.99 and 16.44)
  4. Move the motor to 82 Deg E by selecting the satellite.
  5. Choose a strong TP in that satellite and align the dish properly. (tighten the bolt only with hand, while aligning without tools it takes lot of effort and patience to get the alignment correctly)
Hope you have mounting the motor on a perfectly plumb mast and not using the mount that comes with DTH dishes. Even a little bend in the mounting pole affects the tracking drastically. You will have to align the dish in the end of the arc to get best the best signals. All the best

I have the same motor with me and used it for about 5 years.
  1. Please try few things. When the motor is powered, please press the reset button on the motor. It should bring the motor back to center position.
  2. I am assuming that you have directed the motor to your true South while mounting. Based on your profile, your longitude is 80.99 DEG East. Closet satellite near True South is 82 Deg. So, before tightening the motor mounting bolts, you need to move the motor to 82 Deg and you need to align it.
  3. Now, in the STB enter your longitude and latitude (80.99 and 16.44)
  4. Move the motor to 82 Deg E by selecting the satellite.
  5. Choose a strong TP in that satellite and align the dish properly. (tighten the bolt only with hand, while aligning without tools it takes lot of effort and patience to get the alignment correctly)
Hope you have mounting the motor on a perfectly plumb mast and not using the mount that comes with DTH dishes. Even a little bend in the mounting pole affects the tracking drastically. You will have to align the dish in the end of the arc to get best the best signals. All the best
Thank you very much. I will try

You may not find all the satellite listed. But you can add satellites in the setup menu.

Try to set up slight right to tatasky 83 then jump to 93 ku with setupbox (tune any channel of 93) then make slight adjustments to increase the signal the move to 75 abs try to check if it’s following the arc.
Then move further right and left like 108 airtel - 52 yahasat or 54-55 gsat.
I do have a video on my youtube channel on this
Check it if that can help you in anyway
Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock