ESPN STAR Sports unveils SRK as face of Nokia Champions League T20

M@zh@R

Reaction score
34nnszc.jpg

Title sponsor Nokia also announced the ‘Nokia Ke Asli Champions’ campaign for the mega cricket event.

ESPN STAR Sports (ESS), the official broadcaster and commercial partner of Nokia Champions League Twenty20 (NCL T20) starting September 19, 2011, has formally unveiled superstar Shahrukh Khan as the face of the tournament. Nokia, the title sponsor of the mega cricket event, also announced the ‘Nokia Ke Asli Champions’ campaign. Winners will get an opportunity to be part of actor Priyanka Chopra’s ‘Champion team’ and watch the finals live with her.

ESS further announced that it will air the tournament in more than 174 territories worldwide. NCL T20 will also be telecast in a record 18 different international languages across the world, making it one of the few cricket properties presented in such a customised manner.

In India, all the 29 matches would be broadcast live on STAR Cricket and STAR Cricket HD. ESPN will carry all 23 matches of the main tournament with Hindi commentary.

Nokia’s consumer initiative, ‘Nokia Ke Asli Champions’, has been innovatively designed to connect people to their passion for cricket. To be a part of the campaign, Nokia is running a series of competitions to identify ‘Asli champions’ across various categories such as the Air Cricket Champions, Commentary Champions and Cheer Champions across select cities in India. The contest will run in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata from September 15 to October 5, 2011.

The TV ratings of the second edition of the CL T20 saw a 35 per cent increase over the first edition. The combined rating (all channels) for the 2010 edition was 2.05 compared with 1.5 for the 2009 edition. Even in terms of reach, the 2010 edition of CL T20 had an increase of 20 per cent. The 2010 edition was watched by 90 million viewers as compared with 74.6 million in 2009.
Aloke Malik, Managing Director, ESPN Software India, said, “Shahrukh Khan is a great fit as the face of Nokia Champions League Twenty20 and we are delighted to have him with us on this fascinating journey. The promo which features Shahrukh is already on-air and has received rave reviews. His participation is however not limited to being the public face of NCL T20. As a team owner, I am sure he will be looking forward to Kolkata Knight Riders qualifying for the main edition of the tournament.”
Sundar Raman, CEO, Nokia Champions League Twenty20, said, “The 2011 edition of the Nokia Champions League Twenty20 is set to be the tournament’s biggest and most successful yet. The addition of a six-team qualifier for the first time adds another dimension to the tournament. It also provides a record number of teams with a chance to win club cricket’s most prestigious prize.”
D Shivakumar, Managing Director, Nokia India, said, “Cricket holds a special place in the hearts of Indians and we have been associated with it over the years through our association with the T20 World Cup, Kolkata Knight Riders and IPL. We are excited to be the title sponsors for Champions League T20 as it reinforces our commitment to the youth by connecting them to their passion.”

Commenting on his association, Shahrukh Khan, added, “I am extremely proud to be associated with Nokia Champions League Twenty20. I am doubly happy as my team Kolkata Knight Riders is also in with a chance of qualifying for this prestigious event.”
Source:media news

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock