sparexenith

Reaction score
ESPN To Renamed FOX Sports From 28 Jan 2013

PDoL9jI.png

Check This Video For More Info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KJugMf0v1SE

As Formely A News Come
===============

As News Corp completes the acquisition of Disney's 50% stake in the ESPN STAR Sports, the media group will stop using the ESPN brand in most Asia markets from next year.
News Corp was unable to comment the move, but it is widely understood that the Fox Sports brand will replace ESPN in most Asia markets.

But before that major move takes place, News Corp has kick started the task of integrating Disney's 50% share of ESPN STAR Sports into the Fox International Channels Asian business.

In the coming months, all ESS teams, excluding India, will be fully integrated into FIC Asia, effectively becoming the sports division of FIC Asia. ESPN STAR Sports India will be integrated into Star India.

The process of integration is likely to take six to 12 months.

After the dust settles, News is widely tipped to up the ante on its sports properties across the region with more channels, more HD, more non-linear and more local productions.

The moves in Asia also mirror similar moves around the world, particularly for Fox Sports US, Sky Sports in UK, Germany, Italy and Fox Sports Australia.

During 2012, News Corp has invested to buy out the minority shareholders of Fox Sports Latin America and fully integrate the operation into the FIC Latam business; launch Fox Sports in Brazil; buy 100% of ESS; form a JV with Softbank in Japan to launch Fox Sports Japan next February and buy the majority of the Dutch Football League channel business

Courtesy - marketing-interactive

fox is news corp. they use another area expert asiainstead of star they use fox.

I think it might not change in India...

If you guys remember Star Movies also had name change but it didnt change in India..

Not sure about the name...I think Fox Movies

Raviteja said:

If you guys remember Star Movies also had name change but it didnt change in India..

Yes, I agree with you.

The above article states for India it will integrate to Star India. So probably in near future ESPN name might get changed to something else, but it may not be Fox Sports.

agree

Raviteja said:

Shivraj said:
You Mean espn Name not Changed in India
yes, if that was the case, we would have seen those Ads in Star Sports / ESPN / ESPN HD / Star Cricket / Star Cricket HD channels by now

It willn't be rebranded in india.
It will be rebranded in philipines and some asian countries.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock