ESS kicks off ad campaign for India-England series

Greatkarthik

Reaction score
MUMBAI: With India's home cricket season having started, ESPN Star Sports (ESS) has kicked off a multimedia campaign. The focus of the first multimedia campaign rests on the fact that three stalwarts Laxman, Dravid and Ganguly are no longer a part of the team and whether India can still beat England. The theme is 'Kya Team India Baja Payengee'.

The second campaign which will be overarching will kick off in a couple of week's time. It will rest on the search for a new Indian hero which India's home season will throw up. ESPN Software India MD Aloke Malik said the campaigns had been conceptualised based on consumer insights. "The campaign is tactical. People haven't forgotten the drubbing that India received in England. With Shane Warne, with whom we have a three-year deal for commentary, also we have shot creatives."

The focus of Warne's creatives is that the viewer doesn't want to know about his achievements or the peripheral things happening. He wants to know how the game is unfolding and why the game is changing direction. "Also the fact is that Warne has his own persona. He is fortright in his views."
Warne noted that 85 per cent of India's cricket viewers would want commentary in Hindi. "That is why it is great that they have Hindi commentary. ESPN Star Sports' commentary team is sensational. My aim is to provide an insight into tactics and what I would do if I was in the batsman or in the captain's shoes."

Malik adds that for the India versus Pakistan series that kicks off on Christmas day, one sponsor has come on-board. "We are looking at two co-presenting and six associate sponsors. We have just gone to the market with it. We have sold 90 per cent of our inventory for the India England series".

Indiantelevision.com > Media, Advertising & Marketing Watch > ESS kicks off ad campaign for India-England series

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock