External HDD not formatting with 2222 stb

• Thread starter manig
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 5,203

manig

Reaction score
I have recently installed VideocondD2H 2222 HD box with which you can attach any USB for recording.

It formatted my 8GB pen drive perfectly and it worked. But its not formatting my Seagate FreeAgent 320 GB External HDD. :wall

It starts formatting but after 4-5 minutes says disk unusable.

I am downloading Ubuntu to format the disk myself with commands mentioned in this link. Hope it makes the disk work with the STB.

If anyone can provide any other help or guidance, that would be great.

I finally made my external 320gb disc work. It was bit tricky. :)

I had to format it with ext4 fs in Ubuntu.

2222stb creates two partitions. It created the partitions on my 320GB disc but failed to format.

I formatted with ext2 and tried many things but nothing worked. So I checked my 8GB pen drive that was working fine with 2222stb.

2nc2zr5.jpg

Thats it!! I formatted the two partitions of my 320GB in ext4 and copied the files (volume etc) from 8gb pen to it and voila :c

2222 STB pros and cons

pros:
- white slim model looks great
- RF remote is cool
- pause play is awesome

cons:
- can't watch all channels when recording, only those channels which are on same TP can be watched
- paying Rs. 30 pm (Rs. 360 annual) for recording :'(
- there should be an option to disable sound (*) and language (#) changing buttons on remote

would like to see in future update
- unlimited cable Internet surfing for FREE :shy

Hi Manig,

Thanks for the info.

Can you also share your experiences about the following issues raised by other users with the 2222 STB.

1. STB getting very hot and untouchable after a few hours of usage.
2. Setting Picture resolution to 1080p. Does chaning picture resolution have any effect?

It will be very useful.

manig said:
2222 STB pros and cons

pros:
- white slim model looks great
- RF remote is cool
- pause play is awesome

cons:
- can't watch all channels when recording, only those channels which are on same TP can be watched
- paying Rs. 30 pm (Rs. 360 annual) for recording :'(
- there should be an option to disable sound (*) and language (#) changing buttons on remote

would like to see in future update
- unlimited cable Internet surfing for FREE :shy

v_srikanth961 said:
Hi Manig,

Thanks for the info.

Can you also share your experiences about the following issues raised by other users with the 2222 STB.

1. STB getting very hot and untouchable after a few hours of usage.
2. Setting Picture resolution to 1080p. Does chaning picture resolution have any effect?

It will be very useful.

1. I got my 2222STB replaced as the earlier became faulty. Channel mismatch and missing channels. That STB was very HOT but this one seems ok.

2. Picture resolution remains same (i.e. 1080p 50Hz.). You can not change it no matter what you do. In zapper I was able to get 1080i 60Hz.

Another problem :(

After 20 or 30 mins the external HDD goes to sleep and STB says disc removed. Have to unplug and replug the drive from usb port to carry on.

It happens when not recording and also when watching a recorded program.

It does not happen when recording is going on.

The disc goes to sleep after few minutes if its not WRITING or just READING.

Videocon needs to find a workaround for it too.

Thanks manig for the info.

The picture quality setting seems to have a software bug. 1080i @ 60Hz is supposed to be the max possible resolution. But, technically 1080p @ 50Hz should be much smoother than 1080i @ 60Hz because in interlaced video the frame rate is half the specified value. This is more evient in action sequences.

Good that they replaced the faulty box quickly. :)

manig said:
Another problem :(

After 20 or 30 mins the external HDD goes to sleep and STB says disc removed. Have to unplug and replug the drive from usb port to carry on.

It happens when not recording and also when watching a recorded program.

It does not happen when recording is going on.

The disc goes to sleep after few minutes if its not WRITING or just READING.

Videocon needs to find a workaround for it too.

The problems I was having were releated to my old hard drive.

I installed new 1TB Western Digital 3.0 drive. STB formatted it in about 20 mins. Everything working fine now.

Good job Videocon.

Admins pls close this thread if you like.

how to pause live tv i have already activated recording top up but whenn ever i press pause /ok button it just popus up channel info and list wat should i do

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock