• Thread starter Drake
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 6,172

Drake

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm facing a strange kind of Signal Issue and need your expert opinion in finding the root cause of this problem.

Thursday evening I was watching Sony HD and suddenly some pixilation like watching a Scratched DVD started occurring. After sometime I noticed same behaviour with Life OK HD, Star World HD and so on. Out of all HD Channels that I'm subscribed to only AndTv HD, Colors Infinity HD, Zee Studio HD were working fine.

Yesterday when I turned ON my STB I saw that all HD Channels except SD Channels and AndTv HD, CI HD & ZS HD started showing No Signal. The strange part was that Life OK HD, Zee Cafe HD and Star World HD was showing Good Signal levels in both Tuners yet it was Blank. Neither it was showing No Signal nor any AV Playing just Blank and even the LED of my STB stayed Green not Amber. Also, since I've DVR whenever I tune into affected channels, I observed that only One Tuner was in Red level wheresas the other one was showing Good Signal Strength & Quality also it is random. For Example, In Star Plus HD Tuner 1 stays Red (Around 34 Signal Strength) and Tunner 2 shows Full Signal S & Q. And when I tune into Sony HD Tuner 1 stays Full and Tuner 2 in Red.

Now, before you say that its an alignment issue let me tell you that the dish is properly bolted on terrace with no obstruction nearby and in last 2 years nobody went near the dish. The cables are in good condition with no trace of premature wear and tear and its properly connected to LNB. I once faced Signal Issue due to alignment problem and that time both the tuners were showing poor levels but not this time why? In last 1 year I faced this problem twice and within 48 hrs it got rectified on its own. The funny thing is that few mins ago when I was taking pictures of Signal Diagnostics to post here, for the 3rd time all the affected Channels started working again on its own and I swear I haven't touch anything.

So, can anyone here explain to me what's happening?

Sony HD :

LifeOk HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Star World HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Another factor that can affect satellite signals is the weather. Rain drastically affects signal levels.

Bro this just a coincidence or what, i too am facing some signal issues on my airtel hd dvr. Yesterday in afternoon it rained heavily and the signal were gone but when the rain stopped the signal was only visible on one tuner and the other was showing no reading at all and all the channels were either blank or was similar to some content played on scratched cd, after changing channels the tuners interchanged the signal levels one with good quality and the other with no signal, then i restared the dvr and everything started working fine, both tuner had good signal now. This is really frustrating for me as i just switched from tata sky hd dvr for few months just to check airtel services, as my airtel dvr was lying around in a box so thought i would give it a try but its just not upto the standard of tata sky.
During Tata Sky i never had to call their customer care, it has been rock solid! Just the epg and remote response of tata sky dvr has become slow, thats it!

But airtel in one month i had called twice and their customer care is very very pathetic. Once they deducted 225 hd pack rent and they were also charging me for hd pack on DBR, so customer care wasn't much of help so contacted nodal and finally rs225 was reversed.
Next to add hd indentification top up and again Airtel customer care was pathetic, they tried to tell me that this topup has no channel in it thus it is of no use for you, and again mailed nodal and nxt day it was activated.
And a big thing that is making me skeptical about Airtel is that they have discontinued hd dvr and being a dvr customer i don't like this at all.

Hi,

I'm facing a strange kind of Signal Issue and need your expert opinion in finding the root cause of this problem.

Thursday evening I was watching Sony HD and suddenly some pixilation like watching a Scratched DVD started occurring. After sometime I noticed same behaviour with Life OK HD, Star World HD and so on. Out of all HD Channels that I'm subscribed to only AndTv HD, Colors Infinity HD, Zee Studio HD were working fine.

Yesterday when I turned ON my STB I saw that all HD Channels except SD Channels and AndTv HD, CI HD & ZS HD started showing No Signal. The strange part was that Life OK HD, Zee Cafe HD and Star World HD was showing Good Signal levels in both Tuners yet it was Blank. Neither it was showing No Signal nor any AV Playing just Blank and even the LED of my STB stayed Green not Amber. Also, since I've DVR whenever I tune into affected channels, I observed that only One Tuner was in Red level wheresas the other one was showing Good Signal Strength & Quality also it is random. For Example, In Star Plus HD Tuner 1 stays Red (Around 34 Signal Strength) and Tunner 2 shows Full Signal S & Q. And when I tune into Sony HD Tuner 1 stays Full and Tuner 2 in Red.

Now, before you say that its an alignment issue let me tell you that the dish is properly bolted on terrace with no obstruction nearby and in last 2 years nobody went near the dish. The cables are in good condition with no trace of premature wear and tear and its properly connected to LNB. I once faced Signal Issue due to alignment problem and that time both the tuners were showing poor levels but not this time why? In last 1 year I faced this problem twice and within 48 hrs it got rectified on its own. The funny thing is that few mins ago when I was taking pictures of Signal Diagnostics to post here, for the 3rd time all the affected Channels started working again on its own and I swear I haven't touch anything.

Sony HD :

LifeOk HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Star World HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Me too facing similar issue in Star Plus HD, Sony HD. I checked the dish, lnb and replaced the cable too. Did you manage to solve this issue?

Hi,

Sony HD :

LifeOk HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Star World HD :
(Note- Blank Background)

Maybe these problems rise due to HDMI cable ithink.
Check with using new HDMI cable.
If the problem rise again.
STB problem
Contact Airtel cc

Hi

I have this issue. One tuner showing no signal while other one is fine.
When I swapped the cables, still the same tuner is showing 0 signal. Actually signal fluctuates.
This seems like like STB problem and not cable to dish issue.

Anyone knows the solution?
It seems like Airtel has stopped DVR production. So no replacement.

Please suggest.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock