FAQs airtel digital TV on-demand TV

Dth Thrissur

Reaction score
(this topic not for experts)
within 2 moths airtel will launch their on demand tv service allover india (currently it available only in selected 35 cities) .

image.jpg

Basic FAQs
1. What is airtel digitalTV On Demand?
We have launched a Unique product "on demand TV"- wherein a customer - who has both airtel DTH and a broadband connection - shall now be able to:
- Watch movies, tele-serials, sitcoms etc. “on-demand” – i.e. no defined start/end time!
- Simply browse video library (300+ titles), select, download & start watching as per convenience (Pause, Rewind, fast-forward etc)

2. What are the minimum requirements for the service?
- A broadband connection preferably at least 2mpbs
- Broadband modem needs to have a free port available to be able to connect a Ethernet cable from the broadband modem to STB
- airtel digital TV [HD] Recorder or airtel digital TV Recorder or airtel digital TV HD+

3. What cities will the service available at?
At launch, the service will be available at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Soon, we will expand to more cities.(within few months)

Video Library​

4. What can I watch in the Video Library?
We have hundreds of titles which is continuing to expand rapidly.

5. What will I see in the Video Library
Airtel spoils you for choice! From an assortment of evergreen Hollywood classics to latest Bollywood hits, from animated movies for kids to devotional videos for the elders in the family, from cookery shows to yoga and aerobics, our Video Library boasts of the best in class entertainment with titles across multiple genres and languages.

6. Can I see trailers of movies?
Yes, trailers for most movies are available so you can preview the movie before choosing to buy. Trailers can be watched in quarter window only.

Basic DTH FAQs​

7. I do not have an Airtel digital TV connection…but I want this service?
This service is available exclusively for airtel DTH digital TV subscribers. To get the service, you would first need an airtel digital TV HD+ or airtel digital TV [HD] Recorder service.

8. I have an airtel digital TV connection, but I am currently using a regular SD Set Top Box
In case you do not have our [HD]or Recorder or [HD] Recorder Set top, it is important you upgrade to one. Please visit our website for upgrading your service:http://www.airtel.in/digitaltv

9. If I have airtelHD+ / Recorder / [HD] Recorder Set top boxes do I need to wire both boxes to the internet?
If you would like to enjoy the Video on Demand service on both boxes; you will need to wire both the boxes. Just ensure you have as many Ethernet Ports available in your Broadband Modem.

Broadband FAQs​

10. How long do I have to wait after selecting a particular video for download?
This depends on your ISP bandwidth (internet speed). If you have a speed of at least 2mbps, within a few seconds of buffering, you will be able to start watching the video.

11. What should be the minimum speed that my internet connection should support?
We recommend at least 2mbps for a smooth experience.

12. Can I Use Both broadband &on-demand services simultaneously
Yes both the services can be used at same time, except that one may affect the other since the downloads happen over the same pipe. This is because internet speed would be divided among the simultaneous user.

13. Will this service work with non-airtelInternet Service Providers?
Yes, the service works with most Internet Service Providers, providing a broadband connection.

14. I use a Wireless modem, so why do I still need cabling? Can the DTH Set top box not catch wireless signals?
We currently support only Ethernet based connectivity to the airtelset top box. If you use broadband, through Wi-Fi, you will still need an Ethernet cable to connect your Set top box to the Ethernet port on your Wi-Fi router.
However, you can install the modem as close as possible to the set top box’s location, requiring minimum wiring in the room.

15. Can I connect the Modem & STB with my own wire?
You can do so with a standard quality of LAN wire. But services can be activated only after receiving CAF duly signed by the customer. The CAF & activation charge (one time) will be collected by Airtel authorized DTH servicer partner.

16. Will this work on USB modems like Airtel 3G dongle/4G/LTE etc.?
Currently our box do not support USB modems. As long as an internet connection can provide an ethernet output, it can be supported.

Downloading FAQs​

17. Are there any download charges?
Yes, you would need to incur downloading changes as per your ISP, even for airtel broadband.

18. How long do I have to wait after selecting a particular video for download?
This depends on your internet connection speed. For a connection more than 2mbps, you will be able to start watching the program after just a few seconds of buffering.

19. What happens on a power failure?
The download will resume from where it stopped once the power resumes.

20. How do I pay for a video?
The customer can browse the catalog and select a movie/serial/concert/episode. Pressing the “rent” button provides clear instructions on how to pay. Follow the instructions on the screen and send the SMS as instructed. On successful subscription, button on screen will change from “rent” to “download”. The customer can then press the “download” button again to download the movie and watch.

21. Can I browse the catalog and/or buy movies using a mobile phone/website?
The catalog is currently only available on the set top box for viewing and purchase.

22. When will a video expire?
Videos are valid for 24 hours. After purchase, the customer has 24 hours to download and watch a video.

23. Can I download multiple videos at a time?
The customer can choose multiple videos for download but the videos will be downloaded one by one. The customer can set the priority of downloads and move the videos up/down the queue. At any time, there can be a maximum schedule of 10 videos: 9 in queue and 1 for download.

24. Can I pause/stop/delete a download?
Yes, there are several options to manage downloading including pausing/stopping/deleting downloads.

25. Will the video be in Standard Definition (SD) or High Definition (HD) format?
Currently we support only Standard Definition format because High Definition videos require very high bandwidth. At a later date, we may introduce HD channels on popular demand.

Buying FAQs​

26. How do I request for the service?
Call us at our call centers: 12150 (airtel Mobile customers toll free) or 1800-102- 8080 (toll free).

27. What is the process for installation/activation?

We will take your request for activation of the services and send an installation engineer to your premises to perform the installation. You will also be required to fill in a form along with your photograph before activating this service.

28. Can I perform a self-installation?
You can do so with a standard quality of LAN wire. But services can be activated only after receiving CAF duly signed by the customer. The CAF & activation charge (one time) will be collected by Airtel authorized DTH servicer partner.

29. Can I buy a multi-port modem / wifi modem from you?
We would request you to kindly purchase a multi port modem from the market or your ISP. We would request you to kindly call us once you have bought the multi port modem.

30. What is the pricing?
- One-time activation charge: Rs. 125 at the time of visit
Wiring the set top box to your modem: Rs. 210 for 10 meters, Rs. 400 for 20 meters, Rs. 600 for 30 meters (Local taxes extra). This activation charge and wiring charge needs to be paid directly to the installation engineer.
- Monthly charge: As an introductory offer, there is no monthly charge for the service.
- Video Library : Hundreds of videos available a-la-carte
Videos available Rs. 10 onwards
Once you purchase a video, access is available for 24 hours
- All prices above exclude service tax

31. What is the installation charge?
One-time installation/activation charge: Rs. 125.
Wiring the set top box to your modem: Rs. 210 for 10 metres, Rs. 400 for 20 metres, Rs. 600 for 30 metres (local taxes extra).
This installation charge and wiring charge needs to be paid directly to the installation engineer.

32. What is the monthly charge for the service?
There is no monthly charge for the service.

33. What will be the price per video?
There is no fixed price of the videos. Videos are available Rs. 10 onwards.

34. Are there any download charges?
Yes, you would need to incur downloading changes as per your ISP, even for airtel broadband.

Installation FAQs​

We will take your request for activation of the services and send an installation engineer to your premises to perform the installation. You will also be required to fill in a form along with your photograph before activating this service.

35. Can I perform a self-installation?
You can do so by connecting your own Standard wire but services can be activated only after receiving signed CAF & activation charge.

36. How long will it take to complete the entire installation process?
Once we receive your request, we will install within 24 hours.

37. Will It be internal wiring or with casing capping
It will be open wiring with P-clip support

38. What if Wiring is taking long route or external route is not feasible.
You need to change the Modem location through your ISP.

call customer care for more info....

Anyone currently using this. I got 12 month free on demand topup, was wondering how to harness it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock