Few changes in installion process

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 10,304

dino29

Reaction score
from last 15 days tata sky has changed few rules in installation process.

now instead of bringing one cable down and using using splitter for connecting 2 wires in tata sky plus hd, two seperate wires r being installed from dish itself. this has been done as two ires r necessary if suppose in future tata sky starts using both horizontal and vertical polarisation as in splitter case if a customer wants to view a channels which is on vertical polarisation in tata sky transponder and record a channel which is on horizontal transponder,that wont b possible as single wire cannot send two signals for dual polarisation. hence now on all installation for tata sky plus hd is being done with two wires. for those people whose installation has been done with splitter , tata sky will change it to two wires system when the time arises and tata sky starts using dual polarisation.

now digicard number starts with just three zeroes from june packaging onwards

lastly suppose u have a hd box and buy a new tata sky plus hd box and want tata sky plus hd box top b the primary box and hd box to b converted to secondary connection., this is not possible from june onwards. now whichever box u get it will b installed as secondary, thirs or fourth connection accoirdingly

RE: FEW CHANGES IN INSTALLATION PROCESS

thanks for this excellent info dear.........its firstly posted exclusively in our forum.

RE: FEW CHANGES IN INSTALLATION PROCESS

namo narayan said:
from last 15 days tata sky has changed few rules in installation process.

now instead of bringing one cable down and using using splitter for connecting 2 wires in tata sky plus hd, two seperate wires r being installed from dish itself. this has been done as two ires r necessary if suppose in future tata sky starts using both horizontal and vertical polarisation as in splitter case if a customer wants to view a channels which is on vertical polarisation in tata sky transponder and record a channel which is on horizontal transponder,that wont b possible as single wire cannot send two signals for dual polarisation. hence now on all installation for tata sky plus hd is being done with two wires. for those people whose installation has been done with splitter , tata sky will change it to two wires system when the time arises and tata sky starts using dual polarisation.

now digicard number starts with just three zeroes from june packaging onwards

lastly suppose u have a hd box and buy a new tata sky plus hd box and want tata sky plus hd box top b the primary box and hd box to b converted to secondary connection., this is not possible from june onwards. now whichever box u get it will b installed as secondary, thirs or fourth connection accoirdingly
--edited-- this is totally wrong. ask our MOD ANILSK01 . there is no need of two wires to get horizontal and vertical signals. the lnb is both hori and vert enabled. see the cables of dish tv for both hori and vert tps. the two wires are one for watching and other for recording ;)
before argueing ask with our mod all informations in this regard. the SPLITTER is used instead of two wires . SPLITTER DEVIDES THE SIGNALS . so we can record with one wire and watch from another.

No sirjee ! To switch between two polarization only single cable is enough.

But we need dual LNB module to get two simultaneous different polarized signal , as in the case with DVR.

To switch polarization different DC voltages required.

So we need two cables from Dish to STB.

:c

--- if u have splitter and suppose u want to view mtv which is on horizontal mode tp in tata sky transponder and there is channel v which is vertical mode transponder , so if u use splitter u wont b able to record channel v and watch mtv together as there is single wire going up and any single wire cannot run signal for two polarisations simultaneosly to lnb . ---. i m well aware of what i m saying. --edited--

i found a informations about these SPLITTERS in another site. ADMIN has given me to post this here for the benefitte of members.mr.bhat knows some thing about this issue, some or all know about him.

If we use All pass Splitter [ i think TS is using this , also now a days only this is available , ] can watch both polarity channels in both TV ie: H polarity channel in 1st TV and V polarity Channel in 2nd TV. i can watch the other DTH H pol channel in 1 TV and V pol DDD+ channel in another.
I think its same in TS+ recording if TS+ allows another channel instead of watching channel to record there must be no problem in using Splitter for both polarity.
The SPLITTER IS ONLY DESIGNED FOR THIS. it is called as POWER DIVIDER . every one can watch both polarity in two tvv sets. HORIZONTAL IN ONE TV , VERTICLE IN ANOTHER TV

Sirjee I am still in doubt that a single wire from LNB to all port power pass splitter can provide both V & H simultaneously for DVR.
In DVR there are two receivers. If one is tuned to H-pol (LNB fed with 18 V DC), second one cannot be simultaneously tuned to V-pol since it requires to feed the LNB with lesser DC volt (13-14V).

:huh

Splitter pass only one pol channel at one time , if we want to watch h/v Same time in a dvr it is not possible and for this step we need a dual output lnb.
Tatasky given extra service to + customers now they view Horizontal Polarization Channel with Recording Any other channel with vertical tp, presently Tatasky using only H Polarization so no any problem with Splitter, but they Remove it and use dual Lnb it is for future when they Add more channels add on Vertical tp.

Vikram said:
Splitter pass only one pol channel at one time , if we want to watch h/v Same time in a dvr it is not possible and for this step we need a dual output lnb.
Tatasky given extra service to + customers now they view Horizontal Polarization Channel with Recording Any other channel with vertical tp, presently Tatasky using only H Polarization so no any problem with Splitter, but they Remove it and use dual Lnb it is for future when they Add more channels add on Vertical tp.

i dont know whether TATASKY have DUAL LNB or not. their LNB MAY BE SINGLE POLARITY . usually every lnb is dual pol LNB with both H and V . A SPLITTER IS CAPABLE OF DIVIDING BOTH SIGNALS IN SINGLE CABLE for two STB. we can watch in both tv H IN ONE , V IN ANOTHER. MR. AMATAN IS THE BEST AMONG HERE. he will confirm . i can not why ANILSK Is not replying about this. he knows very well.

@sirjeet,
dear ohya tata sky has not dual/multi lnb but in tata sky+ and tatasky+hd has multi lnb and yes they have both h and v mode and it gives high quality signal....and one more thing don't worry today i will ell anil to give you all ur answer surely ok dear

bye thnx ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock