Discussion Fix PQ Issues on Airtel Xstream box due to HDR

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 169
  • Views: Views 82,319
OJGEWlI.jpg

HDR if enabled there will be lot of brightness so i switched off from tv side. But this is different issue. Today airtel service person came for the 2nd time. He spoke with his manager and agreed for downgrade to hd box. He told even if they change the box issue might reoccur so no point of changing box. He will bring the hd box later in the day. Lets see..

Downgraded to hd hevc box
so you moved from XStream to normal HD box?
you should have asked to replace the XStream box itself.
or you should have tried with XStream 2.2.36 version also.

But don't miss to call SONY call centre, as you are under warranty
play some HD move and see.

Last edited:
Yes i moved to hd hevc box. Now no issues. I got the refund of extreme box in the DTH account. Some of the users in this forum are having similiar issue so dont want take any more chance by replacing it. Let airtel fix on all issues on the xtream box then i will see. Also since mine is andriod i have all apps in the tv. Interface was good in extream. Now i have small remote pairing issue, it worked till sometime back. Now with tv remote, I'm unable to change anything on the box. Maybe i changed some settings it got disabled. Im trying to sync it but its not working. Troubleshooting

I have no issue with hd channels. Its working fine now and even ony old hd box. Tv is absolutely fine. Disney hotstar,amazon prime videos are all superb. There is nothing wrong with TV. I have no doubt xtream box was the culprit.

Yes i moved to hd hevc box. Now no issues. I got the refund of extreme box in the DTH account. Some of the users in this forum are having similiar issue so dont want take any more chance by replacing it. Let airtel fix on all issues on the xtream box then i will see. Also since mine is andriod i have all apps in the tv. Interface was good in extream. Now i have small remote pairing issue, it worked till sometime back. Now with tv remote, I'm unable to change anything on the box. Maybe i changed some settings it got disabled. Im trying to sync it but its not working. Troubleshooting
Hi.. I'm from Bangalore.. i also like to downgrade my xstream box to HD box.. how much refund you got? I got DTH connection last year October with SD box then replaced with Xstream box on 11 December 2019(paid 2200 from airtel app +1800 for SD box at that time).. so security deposit 1500 will be refunded if I choose downgrade option this month after 11th.. is there a security deposit for HD box also? My first quiry here.. please reply. Thanks.

Hi.. I'm from Bangalore.. i also like to downgrade my xstream box to HD box.. how much refund you got? I got DTH connection last year October with SD box then replaced with Xstream box on 11 December 2019(paid 2200 from airtel app +1800 for SD box at that time).. so security deposit 1500 will be refunded if I choose downgrade option this month after 11th.. is there a security deposit for HD box also? My first quiry here.. please reply. Thanks.
It was a long fight for a month to get it downgraded. Downgrade option is not there by default. I used to call several times, sent mail to nodal team and got it escalated. You can try but im not sure in your case because its almost 1 year. I got refund of 2050 and hd swap box was free.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock