Seeking Help For best sound quality

• Thread starter chandu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 2,566

chandu

Solutions
Reaction score
I have bought a new Realme soundbar today. Which type of connection gives the best sound output ?
My TV has 3 HDMI ports but no HDMI ARC.It has an optical port too.
I connected the TV to STB through HDMI and since only one HDMI port is available in the STB I cannot connect the soundbar directly to STB through HDMI.
I only use my TV for watching TV channels and use Binge plus STB to play OTT Content and Apps
The possibilities are
1) Connect soundbar directly to STB using optical toslink cable
2) Connect soundbar to the TV using optical toslink cable
3) connect soundbar to TV using coaxial cable
Which of the above connections give the best quality sound output ?

Connect via SPDIF Tislink from stb to sound bar so this way your regular TV channels from stb as well as apps from stb will get audio from sound bar

Your TV will get audio from HDMI connection connected to stb

this way u get audio from both tv and sound bar

Optical Toslink can not carry surround audio. May use HDMI splitter for both.

Optical Toslink can not carry surround audio. May use HDMI splitter for both.
Maybe cheaper quality optical cables doesn't carry but good cable surely have...I am getting perfect surround sound in optical cable connected to my HT ....

Connect via SPDIF Tislink from stb to sound bar so this way your regular TV channels from stb as well as apps from stb will get audio from sound bar

Thank you ,I was thinking the same since my TV speakers are not good I always mute them anyway.
So Connecting Soundbar to TV seem pointless to me since I use Tv only with STB ,the sound will get routed from STB to TV and then from Tv to sound bar. Connecting to STB will have the soundbar take the Input directly from source without any intermediary .

@Anish Pai bhayya ,I connected soundbar directly to STB through optical cable and TV to STB through HDMI

But I am not getting sound output on soundbar although the optical cable is showing red laser light at the end

Are there any settings that I need to change

@Anish Pai bhayya ,I connected soundbar directly to STB through optical cable and TV to STB through HDMI

But I am not getting sound output on soundbar although the optical cable is showing red laser light at the end

Are there any settings that I need to change
Just check have u kept Optical in ur sound bar...If yes then try to change the present audio setting of Binge plus in Device preference...Change 1 by one and check for sound..

Just check have u kept Optical in ur sound bar...If yes then try to change the present audio setting of Binge plus in Device preference...Change 1 by one and check for sound..
Thank you , I selected optical output only in the soundbar. There are two settings in the sound section
1)To enable or disable fixed audio channel output (i enabled and disabled but there is no sound output)
2)Surround sound format (I varied it between the three available options auto ,Dolby and none but there is no sound output)
However I am getting sound output by connecting soundbar to STB through aux cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock