DTH updates Four DTH operators have attracted FDI worth Rs 7047 crore

A4Akash

Contributor
Reaction score
Anurag Thakur said in the Lok Sabha that four private direct-to-home (DTH) operators had received foreign direct investment (FDI) worth Rs 7047 crore so far. Each DTH operator received the following amounts of FDI: Dish TV India + Videocon d2h (Rs 2170 crore), Bharati Telemedia (Rs 2165.06 crore), Tata Sky (Rs 1869.89 crore), and Sun Direct TV (Rs 1869.89 crore) (Rs 841.55 crore).

"According to current FDI policy, 100 percent FDI via the automatic route is permitted in the DTH industry under the Broadcasting Carriage Service sector. However, fresh foreign investment of more than 49 percent in a company that is not seeking a licence or permission from a sectoral Ministry, resulting in a change in ownership pattern or a transfer of stake from an existing investor to a new foreign investor, will necessitate Government approval," Thakur said.

Anurag Thakur said in the Lok Sabha that four private direct-to-home (DTH) operators had received foreign direct investment (FDI) worth Rs 7047 crore so far. Each DTH operator received the following amounts of FDI: Dish TV India + Videocon d2h (Rs 2170 crore), Bharati Telemedia (Rs 2165.06 crore), Tata Sky (Rs 1869.89 crore), and Sun Direct TV (Rs 1869.89 crore) (Rs 841.55 crore).

"According to current FDI policy, 100 percent FDI via the automatic route is permitted in the DTH industry under the Broadcasting Carriage Service sector. However, fresh foreign investment of more than 49 percent in a company that is not seeking a licence or permission from a sectoral Ministry, resulting in a change in ownership pattern or a transfer of stake from an existing investor to a new foreign investor, will necessitate Government approval," Thakur said.

How it benefits the customers like me I don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock