Discussion Disney and Star's Sports Channel Ownership

The picture is becoming clear.. Why ESPN seperated with Sony..Disney is going to shred Star Sports... I believe all star sports channels will be rebranded.. Partial rebrand wont work for them ... Dsiney wants to dominate Sports arena
No bro i think Only Select channel will be rebrand... Not star sports ,

The picture is becoming clear.. Why ESPN seperated with Sony..Disney is going to shred Star Sports... I believe all star sports channels will be rebranded.. Partial rebrand wont work for them ... Dsiney wants to dominate Sports arena

Its not Disney taking the shots at this rebranding! Uday Shankar runs all Disney in Asia Pacific! He won't let go of the brand he worked hard to build! In India its going to be Star Sports network only. If they rebrand it will be partial rebrand and would rebrand SS Select that's it! I don't think he/Disney will ever ruin their cash cow! The entire Asia rebranding is to get rid of Fox brand that's it!

When History tv n Fyi tv comes to star???
Disney don't control those brands bro! Like they do with ESPN. A+E Networks is JV between Disney and Hearst just like ESPN, but Disney doesn't have voting power in A+E. And in Europe where the Network has major success, Disney has to let go of A+E because of owing Nat Geo too! So it won't happen any time soon.

Not happening in India...

Someone need to rise to challenge this monopoly of star. All they show is cricket. They even ignore their own property like ISL. Sony is far better than Disney owned star in Sports segment. Even Eurosport is better. They show everything in just one channel. Disney need to go. I am really angry on them! They launched SS 3 only for football. Now there is not a single football show in that channel!

With Disney is tightening its hold in sports bradcast industries and Uday Shankar steeping down, Will disneys sports brand in india be restructured by introducing ESPN ..

It's bound to happen! Disney won't retain Fox Branding especially when there is a rival company with the same name! In India may be they will rebrand Star Sports Select to ESPN. They won't ditch Star Sports brand as long as Uday Shankar is in charge. He built this dominating STAR Sports network in India after letting Disney(ESPN ) out of the network.
He is leaving star this dec

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock