Discussion Disney and Star's Sports Channel Ownership

praks001

Reaction score
If you open foxsportsasia.com in India, you'll be redirected to ESPN: Serving sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
0fdWxpY.jpg

Last edited:
It's bound to happen! Disney won't retain Fox Branding especially when there is a rival company with the same name! In India may be they will rebrand Star Sports Select to ESPN. They won't ditch Star Sports brand as long as Uday Shankar is in charge. He built this dominating STAR Sports network in India after letting Disney(ESPN ) out of the network.

In Feb sony and espn break their partnership
Till now not a single content of ESPN air on star channel

I gues they will deal sports channels under one umbrella i.e. ESPN.. They may market it seperately..

Irony.

8 years back, ESPN channels were rebranded to Fox Sports channels in Asia (except India).

Now the reverse is happening again...
Then 21CF bought ESPN stake out of ESPNStarSports. Then Disney bought out 21CF getting the company together. Even now I don't see Star Sports brand being dropped.

I guess only FX, Star and Nat Geo brands will be retained rest all will undergo Disney rebranding soon rather than later.

Next in Line I guess will be Fox Star Studios, they will drop fox out I guess.

raEFT9O.jpg

I don't know if the rebranding is happening or not! The twitter handle they updated their offical website to ESPN

Last edited:
Disney's sports portfolio will be like this 👇
International Arm - ESPN
Indian Arm - Star Sports Network 🙌
With time they will rub out all 'Fox' brands through renaming, merging or shutdown.

Channel not rebranded yet... only site rebranded

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock